How do I get the Call History Icon Shortcut on the Home Screen?
random64
Contributor - Level 2

The call history can be accessed by tapping its icon in the "People" app.  On my Droid Eris I was able to have this Icon as a shortcut on my Home Screen, which is quite convenient.  I can't seem to find a way to get this on the TB.  Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get the Call History Icon Shortcut on the Home Screen?
random64
Contributor - Level 2

When I was looking into method to conveniently change data mode between CDMA, 3G and LTE I learned about this app called "Any Cut".  It allow allows one to make a shortcut of any "phone activity", which are built-in android processes used by apps.  In the case of the data mode switching the activity is "Phone info".  However, using "Any Cut", I was also able to find a "Call History" phone activity which gives a shortcut to "Call History".

Of course, on the TB this is all pretty moot -- My droid Eris was so slow that I really liked having a "Call History" shortcut on the home screen, becase it was painfully slow to go into the phone app, scroll over to the "Call History" icon and open it!  However, the responsiveness of the TB is so "lightning" quick, that I don't mind this method, and so the "Call History" shortcut really isn't needed.

But I'm posting the "Any Cut" solution, because I think it's pretty useful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

long press a home screen with space for an icon. select "shortcuts." select "applications." select "call history." this is how i do it on the htc inc. i'm assuming it's the same on the tbolt, but not sure?

0 Likes
random64
Contributor - Level 2

Azsaluki,

Thanks for the suggestion -- I'm sure that's the method I used for my Eris.  However, on my TB I can't find the "Call History" app anywhere.  I've also looked at it as a shortcut within the "People" app, but there's none.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

sorry....must be one of the "improved" changes in the new Sense UI???

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
0 Likes
random64
Contributor - Level 2

When I was looking into method to conveniently change data mode between CDMA, 3G and LTE I learned about this app called "Any Cut".  It allow allows one to make a shortcut of any "phone activity", which are built-in android processes used by apps.  In the case of the data mode switching the activity is "Phone info".  However, using "Any Cut", I was also able to find a "Call History" phone activity which gives a shortcut to "Call History".

Of course, on the TB this is all pretty moot -- My droid Eris was so slow that I really liked having a "Call History" shortcut on the home screen, becase it was painfully slow to go into the phone app, scroll over to the "Call History" icon and open it!  However, the responsiveness of the TB is so "lightning" quick, that I don't mind this method, and so the "Call History" shortcut really isn't needed.

But I'm posting the "Any Cut" solution, because I think it's pretty useful.

0 Likes