How do I get a wired headset to work on an HTC One?
circuitrider47

Just bought an HTC One, replacing an HTC Thunderbolt.  I plug in the wired headset and cannot get sound thru it.  Tried the flimsy headset that comes with the phone and another headset that works with other devices.  I am assuming that plugging in a wired headset should automatically transfer sound to the headset.  This is how it worked on the Thunderbolt and I cannot find anything in the One's user manual indicating anything else.  In fact, there is nothing in the user manual about wired headsets at all.  I want to listen to audio groups and podcasts.  Is there anything else I should try?  Or should I take this back to Verizon?  I am still in the 14 day window.  Thanks for any advice. 

0 Likes
Re: How do I get a wired headset to work on an HTC One?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do regular headphones work? Is the headset plugged in all the way?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

One thing I have seen on multiple phones is that sometimes lint can get trapped inside the headphone jack socket.

Did you purchase the headset new or used. If it was purchased used, lint could be present from the previous owner. Do you carry the phone in your pocket? That is where my phone picked up lint in the headset socket. Recently, I had this same problem. I took a paper clip and dug a piece of lint out of the socket. I also blew some compressed air in the socket to hopefully get out any additional lint. Corded headphones now work on my phone where the did not before removing that piece of lint.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on the new phone, circuitrider47. I'm sure we'll get this straightened out so you can really enjoy it. There really aren't any special steps you need to take to use wired headphones. Ann154 and rcschnoor had some great suggestions on steps to take to resolve this trouble. Also, make sure the volume is turned up while the headphones are plugged in. The media volume is controlled separately from the ringer volume and can change based on the hands free device connected. While the headset is plugged in, start playing media/music and then press your volume key up. If it continues, then definitely bring the device back to the place of purchase along with your box and any accessories for your exchange options.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes