How about we lobby Verizon/HTC for a car dock that can accommodate the extended battery?!
SpenceJT

I had picked up my Thunderbolt on release day and a few days later opted to purchase an extended battery (Verizon/HTC brand 2750mAh).  Later in the week, I wanted to purchase the Thunderbolt specific car-dock only to find out that it will only fit the HTC Thunderbolts using the standard battery.  I am not about to swap out my battery every time I get into and out of my vehicle (which is often) and I will not give up the extended battery life.

Hey Verizon?!  Since the stock battery's life is somewhat weak, and so many will end up purchasing an extended battery, how about you re-design a windshield mount, so that those of us with the larger capacity batteries can have a little automotive dock love?!

Regards,

Spence

0 Likes
Re: How about we lobby Verizon/HTC for a car dock that can accommodate the extended battery?!
AZSALUKI
Legend

won't hapen. i don't believe any device has a specific dock that fits it's extended battery (not positive....but for most of them you can't even get a case that fits, much less a dock).

0 Likes
Re: How about we lobby Verizon/HTC for a car dock that can accommodate the extended battery?!
SpenceJT

It doesn't need to be a seperate product so much s a re-design of the existing one with a cavity across the back.

ProClipUSA markets phone holders with extended batteries in mind, and they even integrate the magnetic trigger to place the phone into "nav mode".  I guess I stick with the universal mount that I have ordered via eBay until ProClipUSA announces that their product is up for sale.

0 Likes
dmw4814

Why would you need a car dock designed to accept an extended battery - isn't the car dock designed to charge the phone from a cigarette lighter or power port when the phone is in it?!!

Oh, nevermind - I see you use an extended battery when not in the car dock, and don't want to have to put the original battery back in when using the car dock. My bad!

Dennis

0 Likes