Hey Verizon I'm calling you out!
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

The Thunderbolt is flawed with more bugs than a sewer. You have your employees and HTCs emplyoees admitting there are many issues that are being addressed but the consumers have yet to see results. Don't post on here you don't know anything because if you are truely " working on it " someone has an idea where they are in the process of developing, testing , or releasing fixes to these issues. VZW you still have a link ( http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/thunderbolt.pdf )  to the proposed update that we are no longer getting due to problems with so why is it still up? This lie displays a build and baseband number ( Build Number: 1.13.605.7 Baseband: 1.16.00.0402w_1 )  but how can those #s still stand true if it was " scrapped do to issues". Please stop jerking us around and start giving real answers. Don't be scared to admit you'r mistakes and take a moment to spill some truth. So come on Verizon I'm calling you out! what's your answer? 

Just a couple quotes from your forums and HTC

MikeS1_VZW

I can't really give you a timeframe ( I wish I could) for the update.  When I say that this is a top priority for Verizon to get this phone to quit dropping its data connections, I truly mean it.  It doesn't happen with all the phones, but enough to make it a top priority.  This has escalated as high as an issue can go, we are just waiting for that software to be pushed out.  We report these types of issues to HTC, and they collect any issues with the phone, develop patches with these issues addressed, and push 1 big update over the air.  Right now we are just waiting for that software update to get pushed out.  We know about the software being pushed out right before it actually gets sent but not any sooner.

HTC 

Thank you for your reply. The update you are referring to has been temporarily scrapped, due to some issues with it. Since you have already performed a factory reset on your Thunderbolt, there is probably a hardware issue going on that our warranty and repair department should address. For further assistance, please contact 1-800-229-1235 Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. EST

0 Likes
Re: Hey Verizon I'm calling out!
philhyde
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my own personal experience, my service was working fine until the 4/27 outage.  After that, I started having issues.  

My own WAG: they rolled out some infrastructure update that caused the outage, and in turn necessitated an update on the phone.   The original "update" didn't fix the problem.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

philhyde wrote:

In my own personal experience, my service was working fine until the 4/27 outage.  After that, I started having issues.  

My own WAG: they rolled out some infrastructure update that caused the outage, and in turn necessitated an update on the phone.   The original "update" didn't fix the problem.

The outage only caused me problems while the outage was present but I still have plenty of problems. I can understand that they had an issue with the new 4G system or whatever but my Thunderbolt plus from the looks of the topics, amount of views ,and new members writing for the first time on the " Thunderbolt by HTC"  forum there are a lot of problems that VZW is failing to fix.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Nothing yet Big Red? You must be checking with your developers and legal dept. to see if you can answer me. I'll be here with my crippled Thunderbolt waiting so when get a chance thanks. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

GreenRobot wrote:

Nothing yet Big Red? You must be checking with your developers and legal dept. to see if you can answer me. I'll be here with my crippled Thunderbolt waiting so when get a chance thanks. 

they only periodically check these forums and then give fairly broad/generic answers. you're not going to get an answer that you're looking for here. as far as all of the threads, topics, views, etc goes on this forum.....you will find the same on the droidX, incredible, iphone, etc, etc forums. this is where people with issues come to try to solve them, so, logically, most of the threads are started by someone with an issue. same on the iphone forum, and all of the rest. check out the incredible threads from last may and june (right after it launched) and the iphone threads for the 2 months of it's initial launch. you will find the same issues and complaints, and these are from two devices that are fairly accepted as 2 of the best that verizon has (of had) to offer.

0 Likes
vargo911

Don't call me a fan boy... but I have no problems with my TB. Other then my battery going dead faster then most phone I had, But I knew this before I got into it. When we had the 3G/4G outage, I found the quick solution by going to forums like this and others. The outage was a pain in the butt for about 36mins. till I found the solution and then I was happy. No different then finding issue with my MacPro problems. I'm sure that every company releases a product your going to have bugs in a few of them. I would rather have them push the update back and have a better software update then pushing one now and it being crappy.

thanks

" A race for quality there is no finish line" 

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:

GreenRobot wrote:

they only periodically check these forums and then give fairly broad/generic answers. you're not going to get an answer that you're looking for here. as far as all of the threads, topics, views, etc goes on this forum.....you will find the same on the droidX, incredible, iphone, etc, etc forums. this is where people with issues come to try to solve them, so, logically, most of the threads are started by someone with an issue. same on the iphone forum, and all of the rest. check out the incredible threads from last may and june (right after it launched) and the iphone threads for the 2 months of it's initial launch. you will find the same issues and complaints, and these are from two devices that are fairly accepted as 2 of the best that verizon has (of had) to offer.

Valid point, I guess I'm just bitter since I have an OG droid and I had a Droid X that I didn't problems with at least not to extent that this Thunderbolt has. My Droid X received an update within a month or so of getting it and I didn't have any issues with it so it kills me that this Thunderbolt has so many known issues and not one little maintenance update or anything has been pushed out. I have had apps that have update 3-4 times since I got this device and I didn't pay anything for the apps. I have 2 years and hundreds of dollars invested in this device and all that VZW can say is " sorry " " we know its an issues " " update coming soon " " rolling out 5/5 oh wait that update is no good nevermind ". I understand that VZW employees only check the threads and help where possible that's kind of why I decide to post this. So maybe someone will get out of their seat and go ask a few questions then maybe post something useable. 

Do you think this passing the buck and telling us they know there's a problem then offering no options besides wait would fly if this was your new car? Lets just say the internet connection issues was the same as a  connection issue with your gas pedal to your engine. I would have been stuck without transportation a lot, sitting in a parking lot doing a battery reset, or getting some else's car to contact tech support. That's ridiculous after a month you would be getting a different car. That's only the connection issue. Imagine if your car ran out of gas after only 50 miles, kind of like the battery going dead after only a few hours of use. Then when you go to the dealer they turn away and say "there's an update coming soon". 

You would probably put your car on the morning, noon, and night time news for the world to know that you were sold something that they can't or won't fix. 

0 Likes
Synycalwon
Contributor - Level 1

I completely agree with BOTB and have experienced no problems with my TB. Let's also keep in mind that many happy Thunderbolt users don't post, so you can't necessarily go by all the posts of those reporting problems.

0 Likes
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

All I have to say is, "Thank God my Thunderbolt is not a Samsung"

I've owned Android phones since the very first G1.  I also had Blackberries and other phones.  I've had no more or no less issues than i've had with any other phone.

The one nice thing about my Thunderbolt (and Android in general)...  Open source with a very active developer's community.  So when you have problems, they find fixes.

Granted, not "official", but nonetheless just as effective.

i don't think I can ever go back to any other OS after owning an Android phone.

Just my two cents.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

vargo911 wrote:

Don't call me a fan boy... but I have no problems with my TB. Other then my battery going dead faster then most phone I had, But I knew this before I got into it. When we had the 3G/4G outage, I found the quick solution by going to forums like this and others. The outage was a pain in the butt for about 36mins. till I found the solution and then I was happy. No different then finding issue with my MacPro problems. I'm sure that every company releases a product your going to have bugs in a few of them. I would rather have them push the update back and have a better software update then pushing one now and it being crappy.

thanks

" A race for quality there is no finish line" 

Are you in a 4G are? I'm curious but it really doesn't have to do with much. I am dead center of a 4G area and I get constant no connection and both HTC and VZW agree it's a hand off issue with the device. I'm not asking for an update that will turn the device into bugless perfection I just want them to start by working on what is probably the biggest issue with the device. The Thunderbolt was in the hands of VZW employees well before launch and we all know the launch was delayed due to some sort of issue. So my guess is since I have noticed this problem since day 2 with the device is that they knew it had issues and tried to fix it before they went ahead and decided to release so they didn't look to bad after already advertising their superior device is coming. Now the outage, yes you and many others were able to look up on forums on how to lock your Thunderbolt to 3G or whatever it is you did to get it to work but what about those that don't go on forums and leave their faith in the device, its manufacture, and their service provider to correct the issue. Mine on the hand sat on 1X because I wanted to know when my 4G would be back up and there wasn't an issue with 3G. As per VZW the 4G network had an issue and the thunderbolt was the only device effected because it couldn't recognize that 4G was unavailable and switch to 3G only on it's own. I agree I would rather receive a software update that works and is not crappy but here we are 5 days after the proposed update was going to roll out and then scrapped for having issues. If a big wireless manufacture and provider have had all this time to recognize and develop an update only to find it's better to delay it or scrap it ( as htc put it ) that tells me there is more to the story either there are hardware issues that they are havening a hard time overcoming with software or they're are trying to integrate bloatware and disconnect the free hotspot and update to correct issues all at the same time and are delaying to benefit VZW.

0 Likes