Help! My Rhyme is having an email crisis.
32Flavors

Please help!

I am having multiple issues with email messaging. The first is that I am unable to connect my Hotmail account to my phone. Every time I enter the email address & password I get a "504 Gateway Timeout" message.

The other issue is that I am unable to send any type of email from my phone. I cannot send picture or text email. It doesn't matter whether I'm on 3G or wireless internet - neither works.

I have updated my roaming - but this did nothing.

What are my other options to get my email working again? I need it for work ASAP!

0 Likes
Re: Help! My Rhyme is having an email crisis.
B33
Legend

Have you tried Resetting your phone then retrying the Email ?

0 Likes
Digital-Handyman

A 504 error usually indicates that the problem is on the server's side, not yours.   Are you able to access this email account from a computer or other device?

0 Likes
32Flavors

Yes, I can access the email account from any computer. I have also restarted my phone numerous times.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Them you may have to reset the email account on your phone or clear out it's Cache try clearing out it's cache first if that don't work then clear the account). It might not hurt call customer service as well just in Case.. here's there Number 1-800-922-0204 Option 3..

0 Likes
ACWN
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you're using the actual Hotmail app, its outdated. Microsoft moved everything over to Outlook a couple months back and I'll be honestly surprised if you didnt get a notice when you open the app.

Hit the Google Play store and update to the Outlook app. See if that fixes it for you, but also definitely see if clearing your cache helps.

0 Likes