Headphone audio gone quiet
dber

Overnight, my audio when I plug headphones in has gone very quiet. You can't even hear it at 50% volume. I've tried it with different headphones and multiple restarts and still no dice. All my Settings seem to be normal. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Headphone audio gone quiet
pmkoul
Contributor - Level 1

I've had a similar issue when in my car and plugging the headphone to headphone cable into the AUX input in my car....I have to have the headphone cable slightly pulled out on my phone (basically I can't have it all the way in just a little less then that) or it wont play through the speakers or it will only play on one side

0 Likes
dber

I tried twist the jack and partially removing it etc. but it still wont work. The fact that audio comes out clearly without any crackle or tweaking of the jack but at much decreased volume makes it seem like a software issue. But I am at a complete loss to understand why it suddenly started and how to fix it.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i'm not aware of any separate volume setting specifically for the audio jack (unless you have a 3rd party app with volume controls?). it sounds like a bad connection to me. have you tried using different apps? like is it real quiet on youtube AND pandora (or any other music type of apps).....or is it just one particular app that it's quiet on?

0 Likes