Have not received ICS 4.0 update yet.
averagejoe1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I recently purchased a used Thunderbolt and did a factory restore. I got a new sim card and activated the phone at a authorized Verizon store. Since then I have not received the 4.0 update over the air. I continually check to see if their are software updates in settings but it tells me their are  no updates.

The current OS on the phone is 2.2. I would be happy with even gingerbread 2.3 at this point.  I can't use most of my purchased apps as this version is soo out of date. Is their any solution or way I can force an update? Is their a manual update available?

Thank You!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Have not received ICS 4.0 update yet.
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

If it isn't updating ota then it may not be up any longer. I think with Android you have to update in order. You might be able to update manually however, that is not discussed in this forum. Some internet searching may help out. Congratulations on your bolt. I'm still using mine and love it.

0 Likes
Re: Have not received ICS 4.0 update yet.
averagejoe1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, that's what I figured  but didn't want to bring it up. I wish an official version could just be readily available. I really enjoy the phone, just wish I could use my apps that require a higher OS.

0 Likes