Re: HTC Thunderbolt continuously drops all data.
SisterBoyd

Do any of you who are experiencing data disconnection problems have the Facebook app on your phone. Trying to rule out what TS said I went back and uninstalled a few apps and started reading the reviews of people with our phone and I think part of it might be FB. I will say this that after taking my phone out of safe mode my data connection was fine for several hours afterwards.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I do not have the facebook app installed anymore so I do not see that being a factor on my device.

0 Likes
phcoffin

And, just to contrast, I do have the FB app installed. So I doubly don't think that's the cause, but rather simply the thing that reports the data connection it gone, because it so often is communicating with the mothership...

0 Likes
SisterBoyd

I don't think FB is the sole problem. After uninstalling the app and turning off WiFi I've seen a better data connection, but it still drops far too often.

0 Likes
AubrieYanique

I have noticed the Network Connection dropping repeatedly for the last month. Additionally, my phone acts crazy: it randomly shuts off, it randomly turns off the volume...both require a restart. The Verizon Tech Support asked if I had removed the battery, replaced it, and turned the phone on...YES...no change!

The latter issues have been a problem since I spent too much money buying an upgrade. The sales person pushed the ThunderBolt, which does not even seem to be offered any longer.

I cannot wait for my contract to be over in December, because I will be taking my communication business elsewhere; perhaps AT&T will value me enough to offer a functional device to meet ALL my needs.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are any of you in a recently announced expansion plans for the 4G LTE network? They announced a boatload of locations to go officially live on July 19, 2012.

I wonder if there is any correlation between the expansions and users having data issues.

Kansas, Missouri, Georgia, Ohio and New York states are areas that I can remember from the top of my head that have expansion plans announced.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
htc-garbage
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my thunderbolt the day it came out. First three months I experienced G.P.S. mislocating and figured out that the "gps app" in the market would give me temporary relief from the problem (about 24 hours) finally htc gave an update that fixed this. This new problem of data loss/drop is even more tricky. <Comment deleted per the .> You THINK you pay for tech support and phones that work. Not the case. I have been dealing with this issue for about six months. I have dated it back to the update that introduced the "quick settings" shortcut in the drop down notification bar. I called htc and vzw, but all they did is make me wait past my 1 year warranty with hopes and dreams of them doing their job. HTC has now told me that the only fix is to reflash the phone. As far as i can tell, if you do a data swipe (hard reset) and still have issues, "it's not the device". Now they won't send me a SIM card because they want to take away my friends and family promotional (that i'm grandfathered into) because they now see it as an "invalid plan"!!! The only way I can keep my friends and family is to upgrade my text package to unlimited status (which i don't need and is an extra $10 a month) all for me to get a new SIM card to help vzw do their job and trouble shoot my device myself. On top of all that they say that since I am outside of warranty they will let me upgrade early. Sounds great right?! Not so much. Now they won't give me my new device with 2 year contract without TAKING AWAY MY UNLIMITED DATA PACKAGE.

I truly feel like i'm back in grade school playing kick ball with a bully that changes the rules of the game while you are playing it just to best suit their current selfish desires.

The new packages aren't for the customers. ANYONE WITH A SMARTPHONE USES DATA. It is the soul purpose of having a device that is capable of "harnessing the power of...." dropped and over paid for nonexistent data???

I'm concerned about the location vzw is headed in. I'm just glad i don't own stock in the company. With all things considered they appear to be self destructing. YOU CANNOT ATTACK YOUR LONG TERM CUSTOMERS AND CORNER THEM ALL IN THE NAME OF MAKING "NEW" MONEY AND EXPECT TO SUCCEED.

Take care of us and we line your pockets. Its that simple.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I am in Missouri and now that you point this out the data issue kind of make since for me.....   Thanks Ann, I never thought of that being the possibility of the problem, you may hit the nail on the head.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wildman wrote:

I am in Missouri and now that you point this out the data issue kind of make since for me.....   Thanks Ann, I never thought of that being the possibility of the problem, you may hit the nail on the head.

I seem to remember you also mentioning having data issues when the first LTE rollout was occurring in your area.  I guess there might be a pattern forming.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Wildman
Legend

Absolutely Correct.. 

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz200/pepper2010_bucket/nail.gif