HTC Thunderbolt coming March 17th
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

News Verizon Wireless Confirms HTC Thunderbolt for March 17

Today, 8:33 AM   by Eric M. Zeman   updated Today, 7:37 AM

Verizon Wireless today announced that the HTC Thunderbolt, its first Long Term Evolution 4G handset, will be available starting March 17. It will cost $249.99 with a new two-year agreement. The Thunderbolt runs Android 2.2 with the latest version of HTC's Sense user interface on board. It has a 4.3-inch screen, 1 GHz processor, 8-megapixel main camera, front camera, mobile hotspot for up to 8 devices, and DLNA. Verizon is requiring a minimum $39.99 voice plan and an unlimited 4G $29.99 data plan. Verizon Wireless will offer the mobile hotspot feature for free until May 15, after which, customers may re-activate it for an addition $20 per month (for 2GB of hotspot data).

I thought the data plan was going to be more and was going to be charged as how much you use?

0 Likes
Re: HTC Thunderbolt coming March 17th
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Tiered will come ~summer-ish based on statements from the CFO.  

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

PJNC284 wrote:

Tiered will come ~summer-ish based on statements from the CFO.  

I guess what i really want right now is a phone with 2 cameras for Tango which I use and Skype is going to have video chat on phones soon. I could get a 3g with 2 cams but why when all these new phones with 4g are coming out.

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

My stepboy will be happy, he's been waiting for the Thunderbolt for months, all the delays have been killing him.

I think tiered pricing will come as well. I use about 10 times the amount of data with the Fascinate as I did with my old WinMobile Omnia, I can see the 4G phones using 10 times the data as a 3G smartphone with no problem. Especially in the hands of a teenager. Verizon will feel the need to protect it's bandwidth.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, I was going to wait to see the rest of the lineup but that $29.99 4G unlimited plan may cause me to pull the trigger.  I like Sense but not quite fond of the small batterry or the fact that you can't charge the phone while using a kickstand.  

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community members for your feedback. However, the HTC Thunderbolt being a 4G device still will be using our current Unlimited Data plan for $29.99. There are only 4G data plans for Mobile Broadband on 4G capable modems. Perhaps in the future we will offer a 4G Unlimited data plan. Please use this link to sign up for email alerts on new products and services.

The link is:  http://search.vzw.com/?market=53520&q=email+alerts&p=null&ss=null&b2eFlag=N

Thanks,

edw@vzwsupport

0 Likes