HTC Thunderbolt Keeps Freezing! Verizon Said OS is BAD!
ronthetech
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone keeps freezing and I have to take the battery off like ten times a day.  I'm a business owner and this is killing me.  I am getting conflicting information from Verizon about the new update that will fix the screwed up OS that is on my phone.  When I try to update I get error message that service is not available.  One person at Verizon said I need a refurbished phone replacement.  I told him to go to you know where.  The next rep told me that it's being "pushed".  WHEN DO I GET THE UPDATE!???  And I hear from this forum that even the new update is a messed us as the old one.  HTC GIVE ME MY FREKEN MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

0 Likes
Re: HTC Thunderbolt Keeps Freezing! Verizon Said OS is BAD!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The update began on Friday, July 8th. It is a staggered update and can take a week or two to get to everyone's phone.

And be thankful yours says service not available at this time. Mine doesn't even do that when checking for the update.

If you are still impatient, there is a link farther down in the Thunderbolt forum to the manual update RUU file. This does force a factory reset so you should prepare your personal information on the phone for one.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Thunderbolt Keeps Freezing! Verizon Said OS is BAD!
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello forum members,

Thanks Ann154 for the great info! As you all may know, the software update has been delivered in stages. If you have not received the update yet, ronthetech, I can surely assist you with downloading it. I sent you a private message on another issue that you posted on another topic. If you like, you can also, refer to this topic as well. As always, we are here to ensure that you have the best wireless experience in the industry.

Thank you,

0 Likes