HTC Thunderbolt & HTCSense.com
Wallace169

I have just discovered that the forthcoming Thunderbolt will not be capable to sync to the htcsense.com service (phone location, memory wipe, etc.), yet the HTC Inspire 4G (AT&T) will be able to do so.  This service is free for certain HTC phones and is similar to the Apple MobileME service.  HTC spokespeople at CES this week were asked about that and stated that the htcsense.com service is authorized on a phone-by-phone and carrier-by-carrier basis, suggesting that this elimination of service is a decision of VZW, not HTC.  Can anyone confirm this?  Also, if this is true, perhaps some reasoning why and what, if any, service will be rendered by VZW to make up for the lack of being able to utilize this service provided by HTC.  This seems to be a shortfall of customer service since, even on HTC's website and news release (posted below) that AT&T will provide their customers with a benefit that VZW will not.

The text in question is under the heading "HTC Brings 4G Speed to the People", 5th paragraph down.

http://www.htc.com/us/press/htc-launches-3-new-4g-smartphones/23

0 Likes
Re: HTC Thunderbolt & HTCSense.com
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

You do know this is a forum where Verizon users help other Verizon users  use the phones that they buy?  

0 Likes
Wallace169

Actually, I don't see that posted anywhere as the guidelines for this forum.  Can you direct me to where this forum is designated for only what you mentioned so that I do not make this "mistake" again?

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Wallace169 wrote:

Actually, I don't see that posted anywhere as the guidelines for this forum.  Can you direct me to where this forum is designated for only what you mentioned so that I do not make this "mistake" again?

Sure, I can direct you.  Mousing over the support tab, you will see "Verizon Wireless has a great, active community (users is implied) interested in helping other Verizon Wireless customers learn more (about their phones and/or service is implied) and solve their problems (with their phones and/or service is implied).".  That is what forums do.  Check around--Howard Forums, Android Forums, Palm Forums, A T & T forums, Sprint forums, T-Mobile forums; I'm sure they are focused on the task at hand.  Read the posts on this forum to give you an idea of what other users do. People are interested in using their phones satisfactorily.  I know  I am.  What kind do you have?  Do you have a problem with it that people here can help you solve?  What kind of plan do you have?  There is a section for that, too.  Glad you are here and hope you enjoy your use--but it will be more rewarding if you use it for its intended purpose (what it says under the "Support" tab).    

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The link you posted doesn't prove anything.  All upcoming devices running the new SenseUI should work with htcsense.com.  And I'm guessing that the Inspire 4G will be released before the Thunderbolt, thus being the first to offer the added support.

0 Likes
Wallace169

On, I was confused since you didn't tell the person who posted the "HTC Thunderbolt...what do you know???" thread the same thing as me. 

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

PJNC284 wrote:

The link you posted doesn't prove anything.  All upcoming devices running the new SenseUI should work with htcsense.com.  And I'm guessing that the Inspire 4G will be released before the Thunderbolt, thus being the first to offer the added support.

Good catch.

0 Likes
Wallace169

steveanderson13 wrote:

Wallace169 wrote:

Sure, I can direct you.  Mousing over the support tab, you will see "Verizon Wireless has a great, active community (users is implied) interested in helping other Verizon Wireless customers learn more (about their phones and/or service is implied) and solve their problems (with their phones and/or service is implied).".  That is what forums do.  Check around--Howard Forums, Android Forums, Palm Forums, A T & T forums, Sprint forums, T-Mobile forums; I'm sure they are focused on the task at hand.  Read the posts on this forum to give you an idea of what other users do. People are interested in using their phones satisfactorily.  I know  I am.  What kind do you have?  Do you have a problem with it that people here can help you solve?  What kind of plan do you have?  There is a section for that, too.  Glad you are here and hope you enjoy your use--but it will be more rewarding if you use it for its intended purpose (what it says under the "Support" tab).    

Interesting...this little tutorial which is riddled with "implications" is on every page in this forum, to include "general discussions" and "LTE Discussions" you might be familar with those sections as you posted to them. 

{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
nova003
Asurion which is Vzw insurance company offers such a feat if u have the TEC insurance 7.99 mon its called mymobilerecovery this would be my guess why.
0 Likes
Wallace169

nova003 wrote:
Asurion which is Vzw insurance company offers such a feat if u have the TEC insurance 7.99 mon its called mymobilerecovery this would be my guess why.

Thank you very much.  I had no idea VZW had that service.  Of course, it makes since being that it puts more money in their pocket, while HTC offers it for free.  Not a shock.  Thanks again.

0 Likes