HTC ThunderBolt Three-Way Calling
jbenjamin

Hi everyone. I've searched the forum but haven't found a topic that discusses this problem I have. When I'm using three way calling feature  on the Thunderbolt and want to disconnect just one call and continue with the other, the device drops both calls instead of just one. I checked the user manual and it says that I just need to select the call that I want to end press end call. For some reason both calls end. Has anyone else experienced this problem? 

0 Likes
Re: HTC ThunderBolt Three-Way Calling
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Are you trying to end the one connection with the caller? Have you tried having the person who you want to be removed from the conference call to do the actual disconnecting (they are the one that hangs up)?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Are you doing these steps here ?

0 Likes
Synycalwon
Contributor - Level 1

This is a bug with the Thunderbolt that I was hoping would be fixed with the last update. But it was not.

See this thread from back in May on this:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Call-waiting-on-the-Thunderbolt/m-p/531638

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Synycalwon wrote:

This is a bug with the Thunderbolt that I was hoping would be fixed with the last update. But it was not.

See this thread from back in May on this:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Call-waiting-on-the-Thunderbolt/m-p/531638

Hi Syncalwon,

The issue within the link you provided describes call waiting, which was resolved. This issue is regarding the call forwarding feature. 

The Thunderbolt device can set your call forwarding for you. Below I have provided you with a link to see this, as well as the step-by-step.

First go to Call Services. To open Call Services, press MENU from the Home screen, and then tap Settings > Call. Then, scroll to Call forwarding. 

Call forwarding - Select how you want your phone to handle busy, unanswered, and unreachable calls. You can also set the call forwarding option for all incoming calls.

This link, from the User's Manual, can be found on page 83 and 84. 

http://infomanagerdoc.ddc.vzwcorp.com/EQUIPMENT_GUIDE/equipment_guide/wep/Manual/thunderbolt_manual....

I hope this information is helpful. Have a great day!

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

ChristinaB,

For some reason, I can't get that link to work. I don't know if it's the link or my computer, so if you don't mind, I'm trying a different one that may also help.

https://support.vzw.com/clc/faqs/Features%20and%20Optional%20Services/faq_3-way_calling.html

0 Likes
Synycalwon
Contributor - Level 1

This thread (or the one I linked to) are not about call forwarding, but three way calling/call waiting. Either way, the issue is NOT resolved with the MR2 update. When pressing "End Call" it disconnects ALL calls instead of just the one selected.

Apparently this is by design (from the other thread I linked to):

"Once you have the two calls answered, you can manage them back and forth as needed. When you hang up, there is about a five second delay and that first call rings back into your device allowing you to continue your conversation. This is by design, however I will take this back as feedback to HTC. 

Thank you for your contributions!!

AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport"
0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
Synycalwon, I was wondering if I mis-read something... You referenced the 3way call thread where I suggested doing what the manual said to do and it was found not to function as expected. I haven't tried since Mr2 update but will take your word that it hasn't been corrected. Isn't it amazing more bloatware can be added before known issues are addressed?
0 Likes
Synycalwon
Contributor - Level 1

I agree. Fix these basic functions instead of adding more bloatware! HTC really dropped the ball on this one if it's really "by design". I think it's a bug and they have yet to fix it. It's not a deal breaker by any stretch, but it's annoying to say the least. Otherwise, I am very happy with the Thunderbolt overall. Since the MR2 update, it's been rock solid! Now, I'm just waiting (impatiently) for LTE in my area. Blast those April tornadoes (destroyed numerous cell towers and damaged others) that have delayed the deployment. Hopefully, it will be in September (we're not on the recently released August list).

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

There is much confusion on whether this is by design or a flaw and whatnot. And some of the confusion may be mine. 

Let me say first, my post on another thread that has been copy/pasted here was about call waiting only. It had nothing to do with a three-way conference call. The call waiting feature is designed to have both calls end and the original call rings back in five seconds later. The original caller in that scenario doesn't know it's ringing back to you, they're still on-hold and when you answer the call-back, they are re-joining you.

Now, in this thread about three-way calling, I believe what we are trying to correct (and establish something is wrong) is the 'private call' feature that allows you to basically end the 3-way call and go back to a two-way call with the first participant. And that function is not working properly, resulting in both calls ending.  I have a Thunderbolt and have never used the three-way conference call feature. And you can imagine the amount of people making use of this feature is far smaller than those making two-way calls. I only say that because internally we have nothing posted about this issue, making it hard to fix in any amount of software updates. I have tested three-way calling with two different thunderbolts and I have the same results. No 'Private Call' option.

So, I will take this information and escalate to our product team for further investigation in hopes we can correct it in a future update!

Please politely advise here if I'm way off base or not.

Thank you so much!

0 Likes