HTC Sync 3: Calendar and People Greyed out. Cannot Sync with Outlook
markmi

Hello Folks,

I thought I would post this for anyone else that is having issues with HTC Sync 3.  I just upgraded from my Windows Mobile 6.5 phone to the Android HTC Thunderbolt so I was use to syncing my Outlook Calendar and Contacts to my phone with Windows Mobile Device Center.  For whatever reason, once I got HTC Sync installed and connected to the TB, the Calendar and People options were grayed out.  After a lot of searching the web and colorful metaphors, I finally found  two solutions that when combined,  allowed me to sync Outlook 2010 using HTC Sync 3.

What I did was run a repair on Outlook 2010.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs & Features > Outlook 2010.  Choose Repair.

This will take a few minutes and did not destroy any of my existing data in the outlook.pst file.

When it is complete, reboot your PC.  Your HTC Sync should now allow you to enable both Calendar and People tabs.

IMPORTANT: Before you connect your Android to the PC and run HTC Sync, make sure that:

1. If you have used another program to copy your contacts information to the device, you should delete the Android data first.  Otherwise you will get duplicates in Outlook and the Android.  To delete the contacts, I went to People > Menu > Delete > Menu > Select All > Delete
  2. If you have used another program to copy your calendar information to the device, you should delete the Android data first.  Otherwise you will get duplicates in Outlook and the Android.  To delete the calendar information do:
    1. Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All (tab) > Calendar Storage > Clear Data

You will also need to do:

1. Calendar > Menu > more > calendar’s > menu > remove Calendars > select calendar > OK.

After that, I was able to sync my Outlook 2010 information to the HTC Thunderbolt.

Hope this is helpful

Peace

0 Likes