HTC Rezound soft keys not responding?
bobaftt1212
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any suggestions?  I haven't had a chance to get to the verizon store yet but this is maddening!  None of the 4 main keys work at all.  I have tried safe mode and also a hard reset but neither had any effect.  Any suggestions would be great!

Re: HTC Rezound soft keys not responding?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bobaftt1212!

What an odd situation for all four of your main soft keys to go out on you like that. And hey, those are essential for maximizing your device's operation so let's get to the bottom of things and plan a course of action to fix matters ASAP.

First of all, I'm very sorry about the issues but the troubleshooting steps you've taken thus far are perfect and I appreciate you doing so. With that said, we now know that this is not a result of a bad app or the software. So, may I ask if there's any physical or liquid damage on the phone? Also, are you within the one year manufacturer's warranty or do you have insurance on your line? We are likely looking at replacement options at this point. Looking forward to your response!

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jimh615

I have the same problem, buttons rarely work....seems since last big OS upgrade a couple weeks ago.

Went to my Verizon dealer today and they are mystified.  Technician did a factory reset....all apps gone....situation is the same; bottom 4 buttons do not always work....often the home button will not work when you need to get out of, say, texting......sometimes they do, but often not.

My keys have the tactile feel when activated...sometimes i can push a bottom key and there is NO tactile response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having keys that work are very important to keeping in contact with friends and family. We definitely need to get this resolved. Is the phone damaged? Once a factory reset is completed and the issue still remains we should consider replacement options. Are you still under the 1-year manufactures warranty? If so, we can replace the phone with a certified like new device of the same model.  You can contact us here, or at the store, or by phone at *611 to discuss your replacement.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWsupport

0 Likes
gzorzakis

My soft keys just stop working too. A Factory Reset did not solve the problem. Another poor product from HTC. Shame on Verizon, as the Consumer is always left without solutions Verizon benefits from us because phones DON'T last. Shame

0 Likes
gggggggg1111

Same here and I'm a few months away from becoming eligible for upgrade.  The phone is almost unusable at this point.

0 Likes
Jeffree

I have the same problem. I've used this phone for 17 months now with very few issues. Then after the last OS upgrade the soft keys started to become less responsive. Soon they were working only occaionally and now they do not work at all. I have to completely shut down the phone and restart it to change apps, making this phone almost unusable. It looks like this problem is cropping up for more users than just me. Please help us. There is no physical damage to this phone and I've never gotten it wet. No resets, hard or soft, have had any effect on the keys.

0 Likes
Cbyrdjr

I'm having the same problem also.  The phone worked fine up until the last update.  Now I have to restart the phone several times a day because the soft keys simply become unresponsive.  I was going to try a factory reset, but it seems that that is not fixing the problem for others.  Verizon, are you going to fix this?  With the number of people reporting this issue since the update it seems that there is a software problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jeffree,

It's terribly saddening to hear that you have the recently experienced issues with your Rezound and the soft keys. We want to ensure that have you have reliable device. Have you ran the device into Safe Mode in recent times? http://vz.to/vDpqOD

YosefT_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Cbyrdjr

Yes . I've tried safe mode. It makes no difference. The buttons will work for a little while and then stop working.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes