Re: HTC Rezound loses network signal
DaD2B33
Enthusiast - Level 2

is this a bogus link? I dont see that update there

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

That page has popped up a couple times, but both times it got pulled the same day.

0 Likes
Rod6787
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem with 4g signals may not be with the phone. It’smost likely a problem with the carrier.

I left AT&T for Verizon when AT&T added the Iphone to its device list. At the time, I had a Motorola Razr 2G and the signal was great for years.  Toward  then end of the 2nd year, both my phone signal and my 2G signal went caput. For months, I experienced drop calls and no 2g signal.

It was only then that I found that AT&T was quietly stealing the 2G frequency to bolster Iphone 3G users because the phone had so many users craving the data.   I left AT&T because I was simply paying for no service and to subsidize signals for IPhone users.

Verizon is most likely experiencing the same issue.   Too many 4G phones and not enough 4G signal coverage.  During peak times you will not receive a 4G signal.

As soon as more towers have 4G flipped on, the signal issues will go away.   If you happen to live
near a 4G tower you most likely will not have any issues.

There always was a huge debate about  whether or not carriers could even call the signals that they are emitting “4G”. (Sprint calls it 4G but it is WiMax..not really 4G).  The issue is that carriers wanted to be the first to tout the signal and new phones but do not have nearly the coverage area or capacity to cover the phone usage.

This why your phone continues to default to 3G…there are simply more 3G towers at this time.

Again…my two cents…..

Is 4g Really 4g….November 2010:

http://gizmodo.com/5680755/the-dirty-secret-of-todays-4g-its-not-4g

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

This particular issue WAS the phone, and a fix was included with ICS.  My 4G signal has been rock solid for the past couple months because of it.  The issue here isn't necessarily defaulting to 3G, that would be expected if 4G is weak in a certain area (this DOES happen to me at work), but that data drops all together, and you have to toggle mobile data to get it back, and for some, that doesn't even work.

0 Likes
jenifferjones
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happened alot with my ReZound,The 4G disappears from the screen making the phone useless. I'll be on the phone trying to browse the web or send a text or streaming music then all of a sudden the network connection is gone.

0 Likes
DzNts
Enthusiast - Level 2

The ICS update fixed this issue for me, I've notice a single drop since then and that was for an extended time.

0 Likes
jdnaples

As James Brown would say, "Please, PLease, PLEASE" send me this information.

0 Likes
Nacksr

I'm having the same problem I have called VZW about 25 times finally they send a new back, the new back only worked for 1 month and today we factory reset the phone which is a complete pain in the ass. Now they wanna send me a "like" new phone which is being overnighted. Hopefully cross my fingers this will work!!! But I just got on VZW in February and to have issues this soon with a practically brand new phone...... Big red is kinda pissing me off anyone have any suggestions?????

0 Likes
rocco225
Enthusiast - Level 2

I must admit that after I received the ICS update yesterday I've had a pretty solid 4G signal. I hope this isn't mere coincidence.

I swapped out a Thunderbolt for a new one. The new one was worse than the one I sent back. VZW agreed to send me a Rezound. The Rezound was dropping 4G until the ICS update. Hopefully ICS has fixed it. With all the initial problems identified in ICS, if it fixes the 4G problem the result would be a net gain for the customer. I really like this Rezound. Fingers crossed

Rezound/Chicago Suburbs

SW Version 3.14.605.1271ORD

0 Likes