HTC Rezound: Unfortunately default lock screen has stopped - FIXED
cperosi
Enthusiast - Level 3

The views on this topic are going up exponentially, so I'll post it new so everyone can find the fix.

This is not a Verizon problem, it's not an Android problem, and it's not an HTC Rezound problem. It might be specific to our phones, but it's actually a FACEBOOK problem. The Facebook for Android App updated, and since then, when notifications come in, we get the "Unfortunately" messages, including the one about the System UI.

Here's the fix. Facebook for Android has actually fixed the problem in the newest Beta release. So, at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel. The next real update should fix it and we can put it behind us.

However, in the meantime, if it annoys you enough that you have to fix it now, you can become a Facebook for Android Beta Tester.

Just go to this page, sign in with the Google account that's linked to your Google Play Store on your phone, and join the group. Then uninstall Facebook for Android, go back to the Google Play Store, and reinstall it.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/facebook-for-android-beta-testers

You'll have the newest Beta version and the problem will be fixed.

Good luck. I hope Verizon picks up this message so that they can stop having people do factory resets on their phones -- that's insane, and doesn't work.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC Rezound: Unfortunately default lock screen has stopped - FIXED
cperosi
Enthusiast - Level 3

So you know, the most current release (both Beta and Regular) of the Facebook app clears the issue. Go ahead and update if you haven't already.

Problem solved.

Now if we could only solve the "jumping cursor" problem in this forum, how the cursor jumps up several lines as you're typing (not touchpad related because it's happening as I type here on my desktop as well).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cperosi
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've actually gotten the message once or twice even with the beta version, but far less often than I had gotten it before. So, perhaps not completely fixed yet, but definitely a Facebook issue.

0 Likes
crazyhamsales
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was getting it just as frequently with the beta version.  Mainly the Lock Screen error then the UI error.  I dumped Facebook off my phone about 7 hours ago and i have not had a single problem since then.

So its definitely Facebook causing the issue.

0 Likes
cperosi
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, so definitely not a "fix" for sure, but I do ONLY get it when I go to the notifications screen now. In the very least, I'm on the Beta Testing Forum and can tell them about it -- and we're still sure it's not a Verizon or HTC problem.

0 Likes
crazyhamsales
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes please do bring it up with Facebook in their forum!

0 Likes
cuddles4283

I had reformatted my phone about 2 weeks ago and thought it was related to that - so glad i found this post - was getting severely annoyed by all these pop ups about system UI and default lock screen, Thanks!

0 Likes
cperosi
Enthusiast - Level 3

So you know, the most current release (both Beta and Regular) of the Facebook app clears the issue. Go ahead and update if you haven't already.

Problem solved.

Now if we could only solve the "jumping cursor" problem in this forum, how the cursor jumps up several lines as you're typing (not touchpad related because it's happening as I type here on my desktop as well).

0 Likes
mike_rivera311

So what is the fix if you don't have Facebook? I mean the app has been on the phone since i got it but I don't have an account.

0 Likes