HTC One, microphone issues.
CarlaalraC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the HTC One for 4 years. Now suddenly when making phone calls no one can hear me unless I put the phone on speaker mode. I've restarted the phone several times and made sure it was free from debris. I feel this is a manufacturing malfunction. Is anyone else having this problem?Microphone

0 Likes
Re: HTC One, microphone issues.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CarlaalraC, I am sorry to learn that you are unable to hear on the phone unless the speakerphone is activated. When did you notice this was an issue? Did you have headphones plugged into the headset jack? I see you mentioned you checked if there were any debris, is there any liquid or physical damage to the phone?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

if it still happens in safe mode and you have factory reset it it's hardware issue. so if you have extended warranty you would be eligible if the phone is in good condition. if not and you have insurance you can file a claim. or upgrade buy another one on ebay/amazon Verizon branded

CarlaalraC
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is no liquid damage or any other kind of damage to the phone. There were no headphones. It just stopped working on it's own.

0 Likes
CarlaalraC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll look into a claim. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Excellent! If the device is free of physical or water damage you would certainly be able to have the device replaced within warranty if still within the 1 year manufacturers warranty. However, were you able to try placing the device in Safe Mode or even resetting the device just yet? These steps could let us know if there's something that can be fixed so you don't have to get it replaced.

Safe Mode: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-85808/

Reset: http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-verizon-wireless/howto/394151.html

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes