HTC One losing Mobile Data connection
Azz316
Enthusiast - Level 2

Started about a week ago but my HTC One will lose the Moble data connection at least once per day.  I go into settings and at times it says "Connecting" but then will show "Disconnected".  The only fix so far is to restart the phone.  I read somewhere this is not just an issue with the HTC One, but may be tied to the 4G Verizon phones.  Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: HTC One losing Mobile Data connection
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is your zip code? Could it be possible that the network is down or being upgraded to cause the intermediate outages and slow connections to the tower? A friend of mine who has the HTC One doesn't have issues with connection to the VZW network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just answered you in an older thread - I'll repeat my answer here - go to Settings >> Mobile Data >> and check the Preferred network.  If it says Global, reset it to LTE/CDMA.  Our HTC One seems to default back to Global from time to time, and then our connection gets flaky.  Resetting to LTE/CDMA improves it immensely.

0 Likes
Azz316
Enthusiast - Level 2

I suppose it could be related to  network/tower issues but when I immediately restart it works.

0 Likes
Azz316
Enthusiast - Level 2

The setting is LTE/CDMA.  Actually, when it was happening I switched to GSM then back and no change.

0 Likes