Re: HTC One battery life after update to 4.4.2
annaha
Enthusiast - Level 3

I already did the factory reset. Things are worse after.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

annaha, great question! The manufacturer warranty does allow us to replace the device with a certified like new replacement of the same make and model.The option to repair the device directly with HTC will allow you to keep the same device you have now. Of course, moving to Verizon Edge will allow you to get a brand new phone of a different make and model.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
humanpuck
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this exact same issue.  Verizon is sending me a refurbished phone, but I don't understand what that's going to do.  From everything I've read this is clearly a SOFTWARE issue and not a HARDWARE issue.  This is pretty unacceptable if you ask me.  I have a friend with the same phone, he's on t-mobile and when he got KIT KAT he didn't experience any of these issues.  My girlfriend however has Verizon and the HTC One and she's having the EXACT same issue.  Today she's only used her phone to text and she's down to 40% battery life.  This is clearly a fairly widespread issue and I'm anxious to see what you folks at verizon plan to do about it.

annaha
Enthusiast - Level 3

What I don't understand is that before the update the battery life of the

phone was fine. With my normal use it lasted almost two days. Now it needs

charging every day at least once. This is not the phone I bought! My 4-yr

old phone lasted longer than this! Everyone is telling me this is normal.

This is not normal for a brand new phone with the minimal usage I have. I

want Verizon to make an exception in my case. I had the phone for 3 weeks

before all these problems started. You give 2 weeks. If it had not been for

the Kit Kat update that was mandatory, this phone would work just fine. And

the "Ultra" pixels do not make up for mega pixels. Pictures are awful.

On Mar 14, 2014 11:22 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Watercycle
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I had to guess why the HTC One's 4.4.2 update is draining peoples battery, I would have to say it's because the phone isn't properly going into deep sleep.  Maybe someone else can confirm this with me?  In settings->power->history the phone says wifi is always on, completely ignoring that I turned wifi off.  Which might explain why the phone also says it is always 'awake.'

My HTC one came with 4.4.2 installed unfortunately so I can't say all too much.  All I have to compare to is my previous HTC DNA which had significantly better battery life despite the smaller battery capacity and larger screen.

Also, I wish bad luck to whoever at Verizon made the decision to lock the Verizon HTC one off from user software development.  With my previous HTC phones I could just use HTCdev to unlock the phone, and solve any wakelock issues or bugs thanks to the more active software developers at XDA Developers... but the one isn't allowed to be unlocked, heaven forbid users update their own software... I suppose we just wait for Verizon software developers to fix our battery life.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

annaha,

We certainly regret to hear of the issues your device has been experiencing since the last software update. Due to the manufacturers warranty policy, we are only able to replace the device with another of the same model which would be a certified like new replacement. Since this is a manufacturers policy, we are unable to make an exception for a brand new replacement unless a new device is purchased.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
annaha
Enthusiast - Level 3

I want a refund.

On Mar 19, 2014 4:34 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
padlnjones
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same problem with my HTC One.  after the update the battery drains rapidly.  I disabled almost all my apps, including GPS and Location Services.  The main problem seems to be Google Play Services, which uses 80% of the juice.  I installed an app that reads battery drain, and I am losing 7.5% per hour.  i used to go 2 days, now I have to keep recharging.

0 Likes
annaha
Enthusiast - Level 3

What I (we) need to know now is when Verizon sends our new phones away and

gives us the refurbished phones if that is going to fix the problem. If the

battery drain is universal for this phone (and my Verizon store manager

assured me that it was just "normal") then no refurbished phone is going to

be different or better. Verizon needs to work with HTC to get a refund for

these now less than what we bought HTC One phones. Has anyone got a

refurbished phone that fixed these problems?

0 Likes
padlnjones
Enthusiast - Level 2

copied from Android Authority dated march 18, 2014:

Just last month, European HTC One owners began receiving the Android 4.4 KitKat update. However, shortly after release the  update was suddenly pulled by HTC, when customers began reporting a  variety of complaints, including a substantial reduction in battery  life. Fortunately, HTC appears to have fixed the issues, and a new  KitKat based software update is now making its way out across Europe.

The new update, labelled as version 4.19.401.11, comes in at 205MB  and is available OTA. Along with “important” bug fixes and enhancements,  the change log also mentions improvements to the handset’s WiFi  service, specifically support for a wider range of routers. Perhaps this  is was another one of the problems found in the first KitKat update.

As mentioned, the update is heading out to various countries in  Europe, although the roll-out process will be gradual, as usual. Also,  carrier branded HTC One’s will have to wait a little longer for their  carriers to get around to fixing up their software. For example the UK software update page still lists the unlocked and various carrier handsets in the  “integration” stage, so it’s not being pushed out to consumers quite yet  over here.

0 Likes