HTC One battery life after update to 4.4.2
jaybirdhawaii

Ever since the update to Android 4.4.2 the battery life on my HTC One has gone right down the tubes.  Once the update completed, I do a clean reinstall - deleting everything, and let the update reinstall.  Battery life when I go to bed is in the 80% - when I get up I'm getting a warning that it's hitting 14% and needs to be charged.  There are no phone calls, no text messages, nothing.  So I reinstalled again - again deleting everything - and didn't reinstall any apps.  I even turned off Blinkfeed and "disabled" a bunch of stuff that was automatically loaded.  Battery life still sucks - I wake up in the morning to the warning that the battery has hit 14% and needs to be cabled.

What is going on?  Battery life before the update was okay - now it absolutely sucks.  Anyone else having this problem?

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: HTC One battery life after update to 4.4.2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jaybirdhawaii,

You should be enjoying your HTC ONE and the added benefits  that come from the software update; it's our goal to get you there. Please go to Settings>Backup & Reset>Erase all content again; once you have restored it, don't restore your information that is backed up to your accounts, just set it up as new. Test it again, if problems persist, please reply with the Software number located in Settings>About>Software Information.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Interesting... we got the HTC One update to 4.4.2, did NOT do a delete and install, just let it install ... and see little to no battery change.

When you look at Settings >> Power >> Usage, what are the top apps using your battery?

0 Likes
norrco
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem, my battery is lasting about half the amount it was before the update.

There are a few other quirks that I've found to be extremely annoying.

I was very happy with my phone, So far I am not a fan of the update.. Solutions please?

twd63
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with the battery life after the last Verizon OTA software update on Feb 18th. The battery life on my HTC One is terrible now. Maybe it's about half of what it used to be before the update.

I'm not sure why anyone needed a clean install though? My phone just updated and all data and setting were still there. (Well most of them anyway).

My software is Android version 4.4.2 and software number 3.11.605.1. HTC Sense version is 5.5.

When I check what apps are sucking down the battery it is the HTC Sense app at 25% and HTC Services is 10%.

So what changed to made the battery life about half in this recent update?

rmcolorado

I upgraded mine a few days ago - no issues at all, and battery life has been great.  So far today, spent about 50 minutes talking (via bluetooth), and about 10 minutes or so browsing, and my phone currently has 87% batter left (it's been unplugged for about 8 hours so far today).  No complaints so far - still getting used to some of the minor changes, but overall, my phone seems to be a little faster and smoother than before.

As a side note, after installing the updates, I always do a "reset" by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until it counts down and reboots.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi norrco - Let's bring back the power! What is the average battery life that you are seeing now? When checking Settings>Battery, what is using the majority of the battery life?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
alkmouse
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same battery issue since update to Kit Kat...don't to anything with phone during the night and it goes from 90% to 6% over 6-7 hours with no use....very frustrating...also taking much longer to charge the phone up

soldierone
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here. I used to be able to leave my phone off the charger for days, now it barely makes it through one day. Forbid I actually make a call or do a lot of texting.... heck I play simple games on it and its dead within a few hours now.....

norrco
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello YaleK_VZW..!

It seems to be different based on what I have been using the phone for.. It can show "messages" at 27% or "facebook" at 29%..etc.. But the bottom line is when I do "use" the phone (meaning the screen is on) I can literally watch the battery percentage drop while I'm using the phone.. I work 12 hour shifts, before the update the battery would easily last the entire shift, now I have to plug my phone in every 4 hours or so.. Ridiculous..

I deleted most of the apps on my phone tonight to see if there may have been a conflict with one of them..

We'll see how it goes.. Any suggestions?