HTC One Audio Drop-off During Calls
Curly57

I have had my HTC ONE for a few months. For the past two months I have experienced an intermittent problem with the audio on incoming and outgoing calls dropping in and during during conversations. The problem seems to be mostly on my end, hearing the the other party. Parts of the audio will just drop off , mid-word making it difficult to understand what the caller on the other end is saying.  I have spent countless hours between HTC, Verizon, and AT&T DSL trying to resolve this problem. My prior phone, the i-Phone 4s, never had this problem in 2+ years.

At first Verizon Techs thought the problem was with the Network Extender my calls go through or the DSL line the calls go through. So, both of these items were replaced, tweaked and/or tested, but the problem continued. So, on Jan. 21st I disconnected the Network Extender and I thought the problem was solved. However, this week, I had two calls where parts of the audio dropped off while trying to listen to a caller through my 4G connection.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Has anyone found a solution that works?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: HTC One Audio Drop-off During Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Curly57, I can understand that this must be a difficult situation and I thank you for sharing what you've done to troubleshoot it. Does this audio drop-off only happen while in your house? Do you notice these issues elsewhere? How does the signal on the phone look at that time? Has our tech support team ever advised you we were submitting a resolution ticket?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes