Re: HTC ONE part 2
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

I can't believe they made a big deal out of that embarrassing "announcement".

They know what people want!  Come on!

I had the phone, and it's incredibly great.  I only had to give it up because ATT's coverage is abysmal.

Sprint and T-Mobile have nothing out here.

So, I came back, hoping it would be announced today.  I was all excited.. watching Android Central do live reporting on my phone, while at work. I couldn't believe what I was reading!!

But, my sources do ensure me that Verizon will be getting the phone.  They are always right.

However, a release date was never given.  Whispers are saying a few months.. 

Verizon is the worst.  Too bad their service is so damn good... otherwise, I happily would have stayed with ATT... but all I was getting was dropped calls and 2g to 3g data.  Even the techs admitted that their towers are deteriorating..so be careful if you're going to switch carriers.  Great phone with horrid service ruins the experience.  Check coverage maps closely.  The phone itself was almost worth it..but there were too many negatives about them to keep the phone.

I am bummed that it wasn't announced today.  Do they enjoy toying with customers??  Especially with the best phone ever produced to date??  Unreal.

0 Likes
jeauxsif

I had AT&T and I regret leaving. I miss being able to just pop my SIM card in a back up phone or a newly purchased phone and walk out the store using it. Verizon is disappointing people with the lack of keeping up with phones. They are bleeding me for money every month with an outrageous bill. I wouldn't mind if I could buy the phone I wanted. Hell at least offer the phone for some ridiculous price and over-hyped additional features.

0 Likes
fleafly
Contributor - Level 1

I understand your frustration with Verizon, but is it necessary to make the comment "Because latinos = a need for their kids to play?" I hate the decision VZW makes about phone selections just as much as you do, but to make an unnecessary comment regarding ethnicity is totally uncalled for and shows ignorance on your part. 

AZSALUKI
Legend

Eric_Trickster wrote:

Am I supposed to just wait and trust? Nope, sorry. My contract is up July 30th. That's my waiting period. I don't care what you end up calling it - Droid DNA II, Butterfly 2, HTC Verizon One...that's the phone I want, and I'm fed up having to wait for Verizon's Johnny-come-lately excuses. I'm not interested in the S4 nor any iPhone variant, and it seems those are the only phones Verizon wants to sell.

Fine. It's their business. Just as it's mine to take MY business elsewhere.

Choices, Verizon. That's all we're asking for.  It just seems to be too much for you.

i'm beginning to get a kick out of those of you who are still under contract for a number of more months. by july 31st there will likely be a few new devices and rumors of a half dozen more for the fall. why worry about it now if you're still under contract with your current device??? i mean, what if they launch it july 15? what do you care? you still will have to wait a while to get it, right?

Klue
Master - Level 1

I went to a verizon outlet today and handled the ONE and I was not at all impressed with outside build quality of the phone that they had for demonstration.  Where all the alluminum met the glass the metal edges were not finished off and smooth.  The hole around the ear jack was sharp and the aluminum speaker pads had sharp edges. The aluminum case just didn't feel right in my hands because the aluminum case and the glass was not nesting right.  I asked to see another unit and it was in the same shape. If I were to get this phone I would definatly get it from a store and not online as you will be able to check the build  before you buy.

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

if that's the case, then yeah, check it out at the store you got it at.  The ONE I had (and now I wish I still had it..dropped calls and all) was smooth and well-built.  Nothing sharp or jagged about it.

Off topic:  But, does anyone know if I could add this forum to the app Tapatalk?

I like to stay informed with all of you, and would like to get here easier from my phone. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

There was hardly a reason to think they would announce the One. The only compelling reason was because of the DNA offer.

This garbage about a HTC rep showing a Verizon version at a Sprint store and leaked code about wifi and bluetooth certification is all just ploys to get people to look at the websites that post that nonsense.

As I said earlier, I regret "listening" to all the rumors and not just getting a DNA from the start. Rumor has been there since December about Verizon and the One.

Where are we now? Still in the dark, with nothing more than speculative rumor for months and months.

In truth, the One might be coming, but I doubt anytime in the next month or two.

We've been had guys.

Verizon's press event was the most racist thing I have ever seen a major company do. I am in complete dis-belief that a company would hold a press conference, pay a singer millions of dollars to twist statistics to cater specifically to one ethnic group. It doesn't get any more biased or racist than that.

Way to go big red.

And they used CITA as their platform.

Unbelievable!!!!!

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

Just read Gotta be mobile's article which is spot on.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/05/22/verizon-htc-one-5-thoughts/

It's getting too late. The One is almost two months old. There is no proof about a One.

The Butterfly 2 isn't due until the fall, and Verizon will just wait til then as that's what the DNA is based off of.

0 Likes
Not applicable

AZSALUKI wrote:

Eric_Trickster wrote:

Am I supposed to just wait and trust? Nope, sorry. My contract is up July 30th. That's my waiting period. I don't care what you end up calling it - Droid DNA II, Butterfly 2, HTC Verizon One...that's the phone I want, and I'm fed up having to wait for Verizon's Johnny-come-lately excuses. I'm not interested in the S4 nor any iPhone variant, and it seems those are the only phones Verizon wants to sell.

Fine. It's their business. Just as it's mine to take MY business elsewhere.

Choices, Verizon. That's all we're asking for.  It just seems to be too much for you.

i'm beginning to get a kick out of those of you who are still under contract for a number of more months. by july 31st there will likely be a few new devices and rumors of a half dozen more for the fall. why worry about it now if you're still under contract with your current device??? i mean, what if they launch it july 15? what do you care? you still will have to wait a while to get it, right?

Actually if his contract is up July 30th his upgrade was March 30th.

0 Likes
Eric_Trickster
Enthusiast - Level 2

"I understand your frustration with Verizon, but is it necessary to make the comment "Because latinos = a need for their kids to play?" I hate the decision VZW makes about phone selections just as much as you do, but to make an unnecessary comment regarding ethnicity is totally uncalled for and shows ignorance on your part. "

Fleafly I'm guessing you didn't watch/read about Verizon's "big announcement" today? Where they touted how they're going to open stores geared towards Latinos? Called "Vivo Mobile"?

I quote: "Lopez, who will serve as chief creative officer for Viva Movil, emphasized the need for a mobile brand that addresses Latinos who may be immigrants, but are also American citizens. She said this demographic shops differently."

"Lopez emphasized that the in-store shopping experience would be different than it is at other carrier's wireless stores. There will be a play area for children and there will be lots of devices for people to test out before they buy."

<Personal information removed for privacy per the .  When replying by email, please do not include the text of the original message.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes