Re: HTC ONE part 2
freddyttt
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never really understood why someone would be turned off on a phone because it's 6 months old... I mean. phones dont advance that much and when you do get one you or most people keep then for 2 years... so 6 months who cares...

weird....

oh and I agree.   moto phone bite so good luck with that.

pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

freddyttt wrote:

I never really understood why someone would be turned off on a phone because it's 6 months old... I mean. phones dont advance that much and when you do get one you or most people keep then for 2 years... so 6 months who cares...

weird....

oh and I agree.   moto phone bite so good luck with that.

I have to agree with you.  Especially since the only way to get the latest greatest when they first come out, is either be fortunate that your contract runs out right when the new device is released, or you are paying full price for the device.  I only get the best that is available for the subsidized price.  I mean, it's VZW, if you buy the device outright, you can't take it to any other carrier, why buy it?

0 Likes
bholt6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh, but Snapdragon 800 will be astronomically different than Snapdragon 600 (that's served up with a ton of sarcasm).  I was thinking about the Moto X until they made the specs and price official today.  Despite being so out of style and apparently obsolite, the One is still better than any of the Droids and the Moto X (granted the droids and moto x are nearly the exact same phones).  Not to mention, who wants to pay $200 for a mid tier phone when you can get the One for what is unfortunately going to be the same price as well.  Buy it outright on Verizon and you can't take it anywhere and I could be wrong because I have no idea, but knowing Verizon you're still probably paying the subsidy fee in your plan anyway.  I don't know why I'm too worried, my upgrade isn't until the 13th anyway.  I just want to officially know the details of the One.

0 Likes
Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

On a more related note, Verizon posted a picture with the HTC One in it on their facebook page. Maybe we're getting close?

htcone.jpg

groovysunflowers
Enthusiast - Level 3

I saw this earlier as well. Definitely restored some hope lol! I'm also hoping the latest rumor is true and that we'll have an option of getting a blue one! These will be the slowest two weeks ever waiting for this phone (considering today's rumored launch fell through, of course I'm not disregarding the fact we've been waiting for months.) normally waiting for a 6 month old phone and then paying $200 would seem absurd under different circumstances but at least for me it will be worth the wait.

0 Likes
Mangle84
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well i finally did it!  I switched to at&t. Its august 1st,and i got tired of having no details, no information whatsoever. Im really sick of verizon so i ordered the 64gb htc one. With my employee discount i got it for $235 on a 2 year contract. The att store rep told me it was 399.99 on a 2 yr. My phone should be here sat, cant wait. Although it feels weird leaving vz, being that i been with the company 4 1/2 years. Its like breaking up with a gf for a new gf or something lol. I hooe i dont regret it tho. Ill post back from time to time to share the service with at&t. P.S.:the thing that really pushed me is that verizon is getting a blue (yuck) htc one.

Klue
Master - Level 1

Shouldn't that be 299.00 for a 64gb on a 2 year contract??

0 Likes
Mangle84
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know, thats what i said. the store rep said its 299.99 online, but if i order it in store its 399.99.but i went online and used my employee discount so it was 235.00 for 64gb on a 2 yr contract

0 Likes
BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

Ill wait  2-4 more weeks .. VZW will offer it.

I'm in transportation and deal with a graphics company that makes /designs /sells in store signage .. for Fortune 500 clients.. and today I saw some..VZW window rough prints..and well..I can say patience IS a virtue.!

Bob2314
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been with AT&T with the HTC one for about two months now.  their phone service in my area doesn't have lte yet like Verizon but since I was on 3g it was definitely an upgrade to me.  that said their billing and customer service is just as bad as uverse.  signed up for auto pay on day one and it didn't kick in to post first month bill.  got charged an overdue.  wife's dumb phone came with web, text, and picture messaging all turned on.  every time she accidentally hit the  dumb phone web buy-in it would charge her.  called AT&T four separate times to correct the issue that we didn't want any extra messaging on either phone.  also app works ok, but never accounts for roll over minutes.  hope AT&T gets their act together. hhowever jd power have AT&T a better customer service rating than Verizon.  I think Verizon reign maybe come to a slow end, maybe.

0 Likes