Re: HTC ONE part 2
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

demmo86rt wrote:

I'm thinking you don't fully understand the phrase "bait and switch". 

Sure I do.  They're "luring" us to stay on paying them a huge amount of monthly fees on the "promise" of the HTC One.  (Bait).  When you inquire with any sales rep, they always say "Have you considered the S4", (switch).

Until I actually see VZW carry the One, I won't believe it.  Well, they may carry it, AFTER VZW gets all their high margin phones out there to "switch" us into.

0 Likes
Bmar96
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a bit confused about the release on the phone does anyone know if the One will be soon AVAILABLE or will it just be released? I'm saying this because if it will be available and in stores before the end of the summer then it has to be announced to and released now, to allow for pre-ordering etc.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon may or may not have a pre-order period. They can easily announce it one Tuesday or Wednesday and say it will be available online only starting the Thursday after the announcement with store availability a week later or available online and in store that Thursday.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

Ann154 wrote:

Verizon may or may not have a pre-order period. They can easily announce it one Tuesday or Wednesday and say it will be available online only starting the Thursday after the announcement with store availability a week later or available online and in store that Thursday.

That may be true.  But I like to be able to get phone as soon as I'm eligible.  That way it will be that much sooner for when I'm next entitled for an upgrade.  Since VZW is subsidizing the phone, they save tons of money every day that they can make us wait past our eligibility date.  We, as customers, should be able to get the latest greatest when they are available on the market, not when VZW feels like letting us get them.

40 days and counting!  If the ONE ain't here by Sept 9, I'm gone!  Customer should always be treated as if they are right!

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

I just looked on VZW's shopping page and the Droid DNA is "temporarily out of stock".  If VZW has been delaying the One until they could unload the DNA, perhaps this is a good sign?

0 Likes
Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

Paul Kailas wrote:

I just looked on VZW's shopping page and the Droid DNA is "temporarily out of stock".  If VZW has been delaying the One until they could unload the DNA, perhaps this is a good sign?

Just noticed this too. After being put on "close out" on 6/19 its finally out of stock.. hopefully its not really temporarily though.

0 Likes
rich_ny

The HTC rep told me it will be released in Sept. on Verizon.

0 Likes
BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

Only re-furbished and warranty replacements will be sold.

Gone and forgotten. Finally rest in peace, poor  POS ..An Amazing Phone That Can't Be Used As A Phone

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedP...

0 Likes
groovysunflowers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where does that link go? It only brings me to the home page so I can't see what you're talking about

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Thank you for clarifying your lack of clarity.  The only way they could be "luring" you in to paying monthly fees is if they told you the ONE was available now.  That would be the bait.  But, nobody has said (most certainly nobody from Verizon) that they have the ONE available now.  If you are going into a store expecting to purchase the ONE right now, you have bigger problems than not understanding bait and switch.  Of course they are going to recommend a phone that they currently sell when you ask about a phone that they don't sell.  They are trying to make a sale and, when somebody comes in showing interest in purchasing a phone, they are going to try to sell a phone that they actually have available to sell. 

Bait and switch would be if they said "come on down, we have the ONE for sale" and then, when you got there, they didn't have it, and then sold you a lesser product.  In your example, they are not even trying to sell you a lesser product and, depending on who you ask, are actually trying to sell you a better product (for probably the same price, mind you, another key component to bait and switch). 

Now, if you hadn't said anything, I might have doubted your lack of education on bait and switch.  However, you decided to go ahead and reinforce my stance that you sir, do not understand what the phrase bait and switch means.

Side note: Verizon takes a loss on every phone they sell at a subsidized two year contract price (that's why they make you sign a contract, to ensure they will recoup the difference via your monthly payment) so saying that they are waiting until they can push their "high margin" phones is also completely incorrect.

In fact, I would say that the most likely scenario is that Verizon and HTC had some sort of contract regarding the DNA and are waiting until the terms of that are met.

One more, believe it or not, I know somebody who has held and used the Verizon ONE, it does exist, it is coming (sooner or later), and it is exactly the same as the versions available on other carriers.