Re: HTC ONE part 2
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why did you ask this question twice?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

QuietStormzx9 wrote:

If i bought HTC ONE google edition from Google, could I put my sim card in it and use on Verizon's network?

No, you cannot.  The Google will not work on Verizon's network.  This is my point, VZW is alone in that.  Why would anyone buy an unlocked phone to use on Verizon?  You can't use it anywhere else, how's that unlocked?

0 Likes
Merlin13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish I could drop all my Verizon lines, but I still have one on contract for over a year.  I did the math and it just isn't worth it for me to switch and maintain two accounts.

However, I want the One, and I'll do whatever it takes to get it.  I won't settle for another plastic Galaxy phone or a sub-par spec Moto phone.  I'd rather get an iPhone, and I hate iPhones.

One of my phones is off contract early September.  If they don't have the One by then I'll drop my two lines and look at the costs for early termination on my third line.

I really wish I knew how good Sprints LTE coverage is in the Seattle area.  I may just give them a try since I would know within a week if the coverage was acceptable.  Cheaper, unlimited everything.  You can't beat that, and their network is only going to get better.  But....   I watch Netflix on the bus to and from Seattle....  and that's a deal breaker for me, if I can't get decent streaming video along the I5 corridor then forget it.

0 Likes
BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

Try SPRINT and get back to this forum with your views and experience.

Cheaper indeed..

0 Likes
Not applicable

T-Mobiles is out of Washington State. Did you think of them for service? They carry the HTC One (LTE) and they have a all you can talk, text etc. for $50 and for $20 more unlimited data. Monthly payments if you need them and some sort of a program called Jump? get a new phone every six months with a trade in I think it is.

Good Luck

0 Likes
verizonistheworstcomp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Danishs wrote:

People who haven't even reached their upgrade date yet really shouldn't be complaining, there are people on this that have been waiting since March.

VZW didn't even say they were going to even carry the HTC One until early June ... so, no, they haven't been waiting since March. What gives you the "right" to be irritated with the One not being available over someone else because you have supposedly been waiting longer? Great logic there. Please grow up.

0 Likes
BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

HTC One WILL  to be offered by the Verizon crew,  this summer.

Why the delay ..this is why 😆 Verizon 's One will already come OEM updated with the Android 4.2.2. version.

VZW has held off the HTC One so far..and for good reasons.. and it is available on other carriers since a while back..BUT the V. we will get will be the with fresh specs.

A Big deal . ? Ask the owners of the DNA that bought on the first week..on how great that rush to the "latest" worked out!

If it is true ..then  Verizon fan-droids can at least avoid the upgrade hassles. There is still no official release date or  price for the HTC1 ,VZW version.

There  will be a Verizon launch event ..soon..to reveal the details on the HTC1..just calm down..or wait and buy  a MOTO-X on 8-1.

0 Likes
BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

Realistically speaking, you can own the most powerful and amazing  smartphone on the planet, but if you can't get reliable and consist ant 4GLTE signals,in the most markets..and boondocks..like VZW,  , then what's the  point?

Just my opinion...from congested but always 4bar New jersey

0 Likes
verizonistheworstcomp
Enthusiast - Level 2

BOBD1950 wrote:

HTC One WILL  to be offered by the Verizon crew,  this summer.

Why the delay ..this is why 😆 Verizon 's One will already come OEM updated with the Android 4.2.2. version.

VZW has held off the HTC One so far..and for good reasons.. and it is available on other carriers since a while back..BUT the V. we will get will be the with fresh specs.

A Big deal . ? Ask the owners of the DNA that bought on the first week..on how great that rush to the "latest" worked out!

If it is true ..then  Verizon fan-droids can at least avoid the upgrade hassles. There is still no official release date or  price for the HTC1 ,VZW version.

There  will be a Verizon launch event ..soon..to reveal the details on the HTC1..just calm down..or wait and buy  a MOTO-X on 8-1.

Yeah ... no. I'd be willing to bet that anyone that's been waiting for the HTC One to come out on VZW would take it without the latest version of Android. 4.2.2. has also been out for nearly 3 weeks, so how do you explain the continued delay?

People here clearly want the HTC One, not the Moto X; two completely different phones. Also, the Moto X is being revealed on Aug 1, not released.

0 Likes
freddyttt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed and yes the software update is by no means a deal breaker. my problem is VZ is trying to Pick what phones we can upgrade too. they are in bed with MOTO and will do what it takes to push there crap. when and if they release the HTC ONE it will be HO-HUM with no fan-fare from VZ... I'm not happy.!!

0 Likes