Re: HTC ONE part 2
summit21
Contributor - Level 1

AZSALUKI wrote:

the judge made that decision after it launched. in the mean time, carriers could only wonder what would happen. the last thing you'd want is a judgement that froze sales, for which orders had already been placed, when you didn't even have the inventory yet. in the end, it wasn't too big of a deal, but there was a possibility of a nightmare scenario there. you launch it, millions order it, supply shortgage, then a legal order to not ship it. it "could" have been a disaster. also....the supply shortage cleared up fairly quickly only because the largest carrier in the nation wasn't selling it. had verizon offered it when everyone else did, i'm guessing there may still be people waiting. i haven't seen the numbers, but you could add a TON to it if verizon did sell it, causing longer delays.

There are new patent infringement lawsuits filed everyday in this industry, and has yet to delay the release of a new handset be it Apple, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, etc...

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it may not delay a "release," but when coupled with already short supply, if they are told they can only sell what they have and then it's back to the drawing board, it could easily add to the supply issue. the release was already delayed to begin with. is it possible that the supply was short because htc didn't want to make too many that could be potentially held up? like i said, it ended up being no big deal (sort of, unless it's a big deal to those who have a different mic in their phone), but it was already delayed, and could have been worse.

Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

summit21 wrote:

Danishs wrote:

You guys really think V will have the One in November or December. Exxagerating, no? I've never seen ANY carrier get a phone 7 months after the competition. And who said the One is coming out on July 15th? One article speculated it'll be here BEFORE than because of proof, that doesn't mean its coming out on the 15th.

Now if evleaks or llabtoofer are to be trusted then the phone MIGHT be out before July because that's what they said. And I don't know if anyone's keeping track but llabtoofer has been on point, the whole way through. 

Many of you are putting the blame to Verizon, but think of the situation. The One was delayed, had supply issues, and hardware quality issues. Imagine if the largest carrier in the country had gotten the phone at the same time as the others.. it would've been a disaster. Just recently HTC claimed to have resolved the supply issues.

I do really think that V will announce its release date a day or two before the actual release, as it has done with most other high profile delayed releases.

There were no hardware quality issues, only supply issues. The only hardware related issue thus far with the One is the Nokia HDR microphone lawsuit, not a performance issue with the phone itself. Judge also ruled that HTC could exhaust current supplies of this microphone before it had to put a replacement in it. Not releasing the HTC One is Verizon's fault IMO. The fact that they refused to get on board to sell one of the 2 or 3 best phones of 2013, is a disservice to it's customers, even if it would have been 4-6 weeks later (at which supply issues were no longer a concern). A delay of a month or so would not have stopped HTC from putting it out there to another 100 million wireless customers as a choice. No Verizon does not care what a few people on message board think, but given the sales of the One, they may have lost more than a few customers.

MANY people had defective batteries and build issues (gaps, loose, crooked lines) from the first htc one sales. Those are the hardware issues. And no, the microphone sensor did not put a damper on supply.

Vzw likely was going to pick up the Butterfly S as a DNA 2 but when it saw the One sales it backtracked. Seems like a legit business decision.

0 Likes
Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

mk7se wrote:

Too much faith has been put on llabtoofer and allthingsd. They have said nothing but speculation and have been none too right either.

How could Verizon have foreseen product shortages when the other carriers could not? I'm gonna say, not possible. They said "No", before the product was even shown.

Verizon thinks they're doing their customers a favor by "demanding" "one off" products, which end up being inferior to what the other carriers get.

Take the original One and One X. Every bit as good as the GS3. Verizon "has" HTC make the T-bolt and an out-dated Incredible 4G. Both red-headed step-children. Then we get the DNA out of the blue, and while a great phone, too late to the party.

If Verizon would have let HTC sell the One and One X on their network, they might not be in the trouble they were/still are (?) in.

Now everybody has the One, which is by several accounts, the best droid, and we aren't getting it any time soon and when we do, it will be dated.

Verizon's version HAS TO BE different enough from the One everybody else is selling, for it to be successful and to mean something for both V and HTC.

All the talk about V won't release a phone within 6 months of the last one is bogus now too. We are going on month 8.

Looks like V won't be getting the M4, and with the T-6 coming the end of the year, which is now less than 6 months way..We are most likely going to get the shaft again.

Verizon, is anybody leaving their carrier for the Thunderbolt or Incredible 4G or DNA? NO. I highly doubt it.

Verizon's handset methods are befuddling at the least.

mk7 you keep saying llabtoofer is unreliable but you have yet to show us something that llabtoofer was wrong about. He's the only source about One news I've been following and the only source that has been right about everything so far. Also the only person that was saying a May 22nd announcement probably won't happen. So actually llabtoofer has been nothing BUT right so far.

As for Allthingsd, which is notorious in the industry for reliable information they said this about the One. http://allthingsd.com/20130313/exclusive-htc-one-headed-to-verizon-too/

They reported this before anyone started speculating about the V One and before all the rumors started. They said it'll come 2 months after the other carriers. Seems on point to me.

How are we going on month 8? It's been 2 months since the HTC One release on other carrier, check your info. As for V turning down the One initially, again, seems like a legitimate business decision. A year ago nobody could've predicted HTC would come back selling 5 million units within the first month.

Are you also saying evleaks is unreliable information?

0 Likes
summit21
Contributor - Level 1

Danishs wrote:

summit21 wrote:

Danishs wrote:

You guys really think V will have the One in November or December. Exxagerating, no? I've never seen ANY carrier get a phone 7 months after the competition. And who said the One is coming out on July 15th? One article speculated it'll be here BEFORE than because of proof, that doesn't mean its coming out on the 15th.

Now if evleaks or llabtoofer are to be trusted then the phone MIGHT be out before July because that's what they said. And I don't know if anyone's keeping track but llabtoofer has been on point, the whole way through. 

Many of you are putting the blame to Verizon, but think of the situation. The One was delayed, had supply issues, and hardware quality issues. Imagine if the largest carrier in the country had gotten the phone at the same time as the others.. it would've been a disaster. Just recently HTC claimed to have resolved the supply issues.

I do really think that V will announce its release date a day or two before the actual release, as it has done with most other high profile delayed releases.

There were no hardware quality issues, only supply issues. The only hardware related issue thus far with the One is the Nokia HDR microphone lawsuit, not a performance issue with the phone itself. Judge also ruled that HTC could exhaust current supplies of this microphone before it had to put a replacement in it. Not releasing the HTC One is Verizon's fault IMO. The fact that they refused to get on board to sell one of the 2 or 3 best phones of 2013, is a disservice to it's customers, even if it would have been 4-6 weeks later (at which supply issues were no longer a concern). A delay of a month or so would not have stopped HTC from putting it out there to another 100 million wireless customers as a choice. No Verizon does not care what a few people on message board think, but given the sales of the One, they may have lost more than a few customers.

MANY people had defective batteries and build issues (gaps, loose, crooked lines) from the first htc one sales. Those are the hardware issues. And no, the microphone sensor did not put a damper on supply.

Vzw likely was going to pick up the Butterfly S as a DNA 2 but when it saw the One sales it backtracked. Seems like a legit business decision.

So where is your source or links for those issues you mentioned Danishs? I have googled it a number of ways and have yet to find a single article that states there were build/quality or battery issues for the intial delay of the One. The only issues were supply, plain and simple. I have no problem with you trying to back Verizon on this, but don't use BS excuses. The One was announced on Feb. 22nd with near unanimous acclaim as one of the top phones of 2013 within days of this announcement. Verizon dropped the ball here...how do you not make this an option for your customers even if it is 4-6 weeks later than the other carriers? They had a chance to jump on board and failed to. Is it the end of the world, No! They will move on, and bring the DNA2, T-6, and the One as well, just a little later to the show. The DNA2/Butterfly does show promise to make up for this with a 3200MaH battery, very impressive if it gets to Big Red.

0 Likes
summit21
Contributor - Level 1

The only thing I can find regarding delay were component source issues:

http://bgr.com/2013/03/19/htc-one-release-date-delay-385398/

And also the Camera:

http://www.android.gs/htc-one-release-date-uk/    

Feel free to link your source Danishs for the battery issues and build quality here...

I do remember reading some message board material re: build quality after release, but nothing official that delayed the initial launch.

0 Likes
Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

summit21 wrote:

Danishs wrote:

summit21 wrote:

Danishs wrote:

So where is your source or links for those issues you mentioned Danishs? I have googled it a number of ways and have yet to find a single article that states there were build/quality or battery issues for the intial delay of the One. The only issues were supply, plain and simple. I have no problem with you trying to back Verizon on this, but don't use ** excuses. The One was announced on Feb. 22nd with near unanimous acclaim as one of the top phones of 2013 within days of this announcement. Verizon dropped the ball here...how do you not make this an option for your customers even if it is 4-6 weeks later than the other carriers? They had a chance to jump on board and failed to. Is it the end of the world, No! They will move on, and bring the DNA2, T-6, and the One as well, just a little later to the show. The DNA2/Butterfly does show promise to make up for this with a 3200MaH battery, very impressive if it gets to Big Red.

My sources are all of the posts about the HTC One by customers after initial launch. Feel free to check yourself. Phonearena.com phonedog.com pocketnow.com

2 youtube videos come to mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwOu5oXpjVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBR72Pt-zVE

Feel free to read the youtube comments of the customers experiencing the same initial sale problems.

It was announced Feb and released at the end of April. Keep that in mind buddy. As far as i'm concerned 2 months after the other carriers isn't the worst. I'm patient.

0 Likes
summit21
Contributor - Level 1

Danishs wrote:

summit21 wrote:

Danishs wrote:

summit21 wrote:

Danishs wrote:

So where is your source or links for those issues you mentioned Danishs? I have googled it a number of ways and have yet to find a single article that states there were build/quality or battery issues for the intial delay of the One. The only issues were supply, plain and simple. I have no problem with you trying to back Verizon on this, but don't use ** excuses. The One was announced on Feb. 22nd with near unanimous acclaim as one of the top phones of 2013 within days of this announcement. Verizon dropped the ball here...how do you not make this an option for your customers even if it is 4-6 weeks later than the other carriers? They had a chance to jump on board and failed to. Is it the end of the world, No! They will move on, and bring the DNA2, T-6, and the One as well, just a little later to the show. The DNA2/Butterfly does show promise to make up for this with a 3200MaH battery, very impressive if it gets to Big Red.

My sources are all of the posts about the HTC One by customers after initial launch. Feel free to check yourself. Phonearena.com phonedog.com pocketnow.com

2 youtube videos come to mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwOu5oXpjVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBR72Pt-zVE

Feel free to read the youtube comments of the customers experiencing the same initial sale problems.

It was announced Feb and released at the end of April. Keep that in mind buddy. As far as i'm concerned 2 months after the other carriers isn't the worst. I'm patient.

OK I checked phonearena user reviews, 2 out of 65 (3%) rated build quality less than 9, definitely an issue there, your right.

0 Likes
MexicanoBloanco
Enthusiast - Level 2

http://www.examiner.com/article/august-release-date-for-verizon-htc-one-appears-likely

august now??? i think we have been waiting long enough...

0 Likes
Bob2314
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Mueller believes that there might be some network compatibility problems with Verizon that is holding the HTC One back. "I think all Verizon users should wait. I hear that some Verizon subscribers are jumping ship to other carriers just because of the HTC One."

If an analyst is hearing that people are leaving to other carriers then I would suspect that there has been quite a few that have jumped ship for the HTC One.  Maybe the issue in which Verizon had to scramble and so late to the HTC One game.

Now to approach the "Network Compatibility" issues.  This is very very odd.  Again this points to very very very bad planning on Verizon's part for he HTC One.

- Called me out some threads ago about my points why Verizon's HTC One roll out was poor planned and so this is just another reason why.  This just points to the fact that Verizon had no plans to roll out the HTC One from the start.  Without planning for the phone they are delaying the roll out to possibly August.   I hope for Verizon users they get the One with better features but then any upgrades really don't quite make it the HTC One. 

BTW:  HTC One maybe getting another version as a Windows 8 Phone.

0 Likes