Re: HTC ONE part 2
Funderbird
Enthusiast - Level 3

That red phone looks god awful. I would rather have the glacier silver with Verizon logos tatooed all over it rather than the red One.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

I was looking at my account today on the Verizon web site.  It said that my Bionic upgrade date was 5/8/2013, yet the only option was to "Upgrade at full price".  So I started a chat with the Verizon rep.  She fixed that and asked if I had any questions.

>Chat transcript deleted as it is a Proprietary Property of VZW

Seems we are not the only ones left in the dark.  Their employees are just as much in the dark as we are.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator ><

0 Likes
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon has in effect pulled a bait and switch on those of us that were expecting to be able to early upgrade at 20 months. For example, the web site originally stated that I could early upgrade on Sept 14th (having purchased my Rezound on January 14th 2012). They revoked the early update policy (in April I think) without a grandfather clause so suddenly those of us who had only a few months until upgrade time now have to wait out our full 2 years. So now I am not eligible until January 14, 2014.   I think now you can pay the full cost of a new phone spread out over 12 months (as they half-way copy T-Mo's 24 month payment plan). On the phone they explain that they are trying to save $$$ by making you either pay full price or wait 24 months for a subsidized price. They say that the $$$ saved can be used to maintain their lead in reliability over their competitors. This is one arrogant company I must say! I just might early terminate on them. Right now I am waiting to see if the carry the rumored htc one max and who else will carry it: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/06/26/htc-one-max-htc-t6-rumored-for-verizon/

>>Edited to remove profanity<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

For you Phablet fans, you might want to wait until like September when the HTC One-Max (HTC T-6) is rumored to be released in all of  its 6 inch splendor. It should look like a huge HTC One on and it might even come with an external micro sd slot and a 3300mAh non-removable battery. The hope is that it will be released about the same time as the Galaxy Note 3 and will also (like the Note 3) sport a snapdragon 800 and have a stylus. It is also supposed to be coming to Verizon and may also be running Android 5.0 which (given the slow combo that HTC and Verizon make when it comes to upgrades) might make it even more exciting. I hope that Verizon will  not be the only carrier with this phablet (so that it  won't be doomed to stagnation!).

0 Likes
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

>>Comment regarding moderation activities removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Bob2314
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh boy, I for one would not not hold my breath for the HTC One T-6 from Verizon any time soon, like this year! 

I suspect now that the HTC One from Verizon will be after Android 4.2.2 release.  I've heard that in other countries the new version is rolling out slowly.  I suspect that AT&T / Sprint / etc will get it around mid July with an announcement from Verizon for the release of the HTC One sometime in really late August. 

I now suspect that Verizon was not planning on getting the One up front.  Then did a 180 around April.  However, knowing that they take so long in testing decided to wait till 4.2.2 came out (which was suppose to be in June) for testing from HTC.  Wahla - late August release.   But those are just my screwy ideas.

0 Likes
scarshapedstar2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Klue wrote:

Has Verizon ever been the first carrier to release a top of the line phone from any manufacturer?  I ask that because I don't know.  If the answer is no, then why would anyone believe they would change their way of doing business, being that they are so big and successful.

Not since the original HTC Incredible, which I'm still rocking as I wait for the One... c'mon, guys...

0 Likes
NATEUSMCSVT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the S4 after playing with both and by far the s4 is a better device. just wish it was aluminum but i couldnt let that hold me back from how much better it was.

0 Likes
Bob2314
Enthusiast - Level 3

You never stated why you thought the sg4 was better.  just from my personal exp you can't really judge a phone by two minutes in a store.  since I've always had htc phones the one is a great upgrade.  both phones should be great phones so I'm just curious why you thought the sg4 was better.  and don't say because of sense.  the I'd one thing I've learned is that you need to learn the os no matter what phone you choose.

NATEUSMCSVT wrote:

I got the S4 after playing with both and by far the s4 is a better device. just wish it was aluminum but i couldnt let that hold me back from how much better it was.

myjustjust

0 Likes
summit21
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon HTC One picture leaked:

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-one-pictured

Available Sept. 5th? Date on phone is Thursday Sept. 5, hopefully you guys waiting this out don't have to wait that long...

0 Likes