Re: HTC ONE part 2
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

Zoe rocks! Someone actually asked me what app it was.

0 Likes
kevinv1964
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm afraid that is not a real workaround for the problem. Try this: Turn up the volume for music and videos all the way. Then go to the YouTube app and turn the volume down while playing a video. Go back to the settings and notice that the volume went down. They are connected. The settings menu does not work as an override.

Looks like we're simply stuck with volume levels that aren't anywhere near what we had been led to expect by some of the hype.

Eberso

Anyone test out the blue? For fifty

this week I don't know if I can pass it up! Wondered if they scratched any more easily.

0 Likes
evenflo68

I went to Best Buy today to pick up the HTO One.... I spent almost 5 hours between there and Verizon trying to figure out why Best Buy doesn't offer the same plans as the Verizon store.. No one could give me any reasonable explanation.

I have the Unlimited Data Plan - I was told I HAVE to change the plan to a "Share Everything Plan" at Best Buy. I went to Verizon and they told me there is a new offer that was just send out 3 days ago specifically for Unlimited Data Plan users where they Offer a 6GB Plan for $30 bucks; and you DO NOT have to switch to the "Share Everything Plan". I called Verizon Customer Service and they confirmed the same (although no one I talked to from Verizon knew anything about the 6GB $30 Plan until I told them, they all thought it was the "Edge Plan" but this is not the same thing, I think it's called the "Max Plan" but not 100%).

Long story short - I went back to Best Buy and they don't have the option to choose the 6GB Plan in their system, and Verizon wouldn't do it over the phone. So in the end I got screwed and could not buy the phone for the $50 promotion they have. I need to speak with someone and get something in writing from Verizon about this. It makes no sense that Best Buy does not offer the same plans that I can get in a Verizon Store when it's a "Verizon Account". No matter where you go, everything should match up.

Where can I get some e-mail support on this because I don't want to miss out on this offer... Anyway - For those of you that don't mind paying the 200 for the HTC One - Don'e go for the "Edge Plan" which makes no sense to pay full price for the phone over 24 months, just to keep your Unlimited Data.....

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Because Best Buy is a reseller, they don't always have access to all the plans.  Verizon does allow you to change your plan at any time, but because the 6GB data is a special promotion, you may not be able to sign up for it everywhere.  Along the same lines, Best Buy gets some kickback from Verizon for getting contracts signed, so they will sometimes offer additional money off or extra rebates over what Verizon offers.  Best Buy may also have some stipulations on changing plans with regards to their rebates. 

0 Likes
Dippy_Dawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to the rep that told me about it in the store, as well as other blogs, the 6GB MAX plan is connected to EDGE. It's meant to entice you to the EDGE plan, on which you would ultimately end up paying more for each phone. For that, and the fact I have no intention of ever reaching 6GB in a single month unless I manage to find myself barren of wi-fi for nearly that entire period, I politely said no thank you.  As much as I would like to upgrade more often, I don't see the point of defeating myself with higher phone costs. As a matter of fact, if I wasn't mistaken, his tone and frankness belied a sense that he wasn't a big fan of EDGE himself.

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
evenflo68

Verizon tech support said it doesn't matter where you go, the plans are the same... Plus best buy purchases the phones from Verizon, which gives them the ability to sell them at whatever cost they want... Do you work for Verizon? I guess the bottom line is... It's just a scam to get you to but the phone for $50 then force you to change to a share everything plan? Sounds shady to me...

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

0 Likes
evenflo68

>> Duplicate post removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  Original is in post above in this thread. <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
evenflo68

So is the Max plan separate from Edge? I only use 3.75 gb of data on average so the 6gb plan would still keep me happy....

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

0 Likes