Re: HTC ONE part 2
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Yes, you've got it, Verizon has messed with the sound quality.  Really?!?

0 Likes
BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

So you think controlling ALL the sound 's  with the Device' rocker switch?

This is kind of hidden. If any one has not tried this.>

Go to >settings>sound> Under neath "sound profile" .>" volumes ".set audio volume.

( There are  3 sliding bar settings ,the one for Music and Videos was  factory set @ 1/2 across. That is default. I  found this after I booted for the first time ).

So slide the bar  right , to MAX and set the volume of the app you are using over  or under the preset .

After I did this..even with Beats ...HAVE NO complaints.

0 Likes
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

Oh, hi guys! How have you been? Been partially enjoying my One since launch.

There are 2 things that are bugging me.

1) I got one with the dreaded low-light camera issue. -->> http://news.yahoo.com/htc-one-suffering-camera-issues-fix-coming-android-235530212.html

2) I have a gap on top where the 'gapless' metal and plastic filler meet. (see pic)IMAG0644 (816 x 460).jpg

Other than that it is blazing fast, gorgeous and so much nicer to hold than the Rezound with an extended battery.. Oh, the battery is doing really good too.

So, how has everyone been? Anyone here ditch the One yet?

0 Likes
AggieT
Enthusiast - Level 3

1) I got one with the dreaded low-light camera issue. -->> http://news.yahoo.com/htc-one-suffering-camera-issues-fix-coming-android-235530212.html

UgXvibe,

Mine also does the same where there is no light (noise saturates to purple screen).

Do you know if it is a real hardware problem or software?

Should we change our handsets?

0 Likes
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

There are mixed reviews regarding this. I am a member of a well known Android forum and it's about a 50/50 mix of people thinking it's either software or hardware. Some are saying that earlier models do not have the concern (before the camera shortage that delayed the phone). We can only hope that the rumored HTC firmware will correct it.

I went to Verizon and checked the display model, same thing. I figured it was not worth it to exchange the phone with a chance that it will do the same thing. (Camera cannot be started until phone is activated, so no testing a new one before replacing). Also, because this is such a wide spread issue HTC will surely need to correct this under the 1 year warranty whether its software or otherwise. Some are saying that the 4.2.1 version did not have this problem, but of course VZW was the only one to have 4.2.2 out of the box.. Smiley Sad

P.S. Out of 436 polled about this issue, 372 have the problem. That's 85%! Not good for HTC. This poll covers all HTC One's on all carriers.

Not applicable

That was a good suggestion you gave. I raised the sound to max on all my devices right after I get home.

I also download the owners manual and read it prior to purchase. I have so much fun messing with the device in the stores. Many times the store clerk just watches me and wonders how I know the phone does this and that. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

The Company is aware of the issue...and is saying that the newer SW v. will be correcting this.(?)

AS of this week HTC is replacing the 1's w/ the bug ..if the customer cant wait.. and not sure what the policy is In Bedminster..But..VZW should be giving an option of that soon.

The 4.3 SW  flash should be available  for download, via  OTA by the end of this month..supposedly will be a camera fix in the package.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

With that big gap and the camera problems I would have sent the phone back before day 14 and got a replacement.  Both problems could have been corrected by that move.

0 Likes
BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

I received my  HTC 1   8-13-2013  and have had great luck with the Camera..No issues.

I really am getting to like the ZOE feature..I upload all the photos to Flikr

As good as pics as My Rezound..except the HTC1 just does alot better in low light scenario

0 Likes
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

Fortunately my rep extended my 14 days to 30 because we checked 10 phones and they all had gaps. Figured it was a bad batch. I have not gone back yet to check more but now with this camera issue I think I'll give it a shot, whether there is a software fix or not. If the next phone does it I guess I'll have to wait for an HTC response like the 80+% of people around the globe with the same problem.

0 Likes