Re: HTC ONE part 2
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

I really like mine.

There are a few things I don't like,

1. I wish the dialer had the preview above like the Inc. did.

2. I wish there were less steps in settings, and deleting things like call history, etc...

3. I wish scrolling on the apps screen was smooth and not page like.

4. I wish you could delete verizon's bookmarks and app crap. It's so ridiculous. I don't need a bookmark to their webpages.

5. I actually thought the speakers would be a little louder.

Other than the "off the top of my head" stuff, I really, really like this phone. When I pick up my original Inc. I can't believe how small it is and that I used it for 3 years.

I saw the verizon blue version at Bestbuy. Funny that the V stores don't have it.

Also saw the Sprint red and black. The blue is gawdy. I like the aluminum color the best, but would have been tempted by the red or black.

0 Likes
kevinv1964
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am overall very happy with it. Just wanted to get that out of the way so that when I start with my complaints, you don't get the impression I hate it.

I, too, think it should be louder. I compared it side by side with my old Razr, playing a video on both simultaneously, and the volumes were virtually equal. No doubt the One sounds richer and fuller and less tinny, but I was really counting on more volume. (Boom?) I was half hoping that I just got a faulty one, but you confirm that the One just isn't very loud.

I also keep getting a problem where the stock browser simply stops working. Nothing else, just the stock browser. (Before anyone recommends another one, I do have a couple more but really prefer the stock.) It takes a shut down and restart to get it working again. (As if the power button isn't already notorious for sinking in.) This should not be happening. A search of forums shows me that others have had the same issue. When I emailed HTC, their response was to first blame my apps--despite the fact that those apps didn't cause this problem on my previous phone--and then tell me that I could try a factory reset. (They told me that regarding another problem, too. Apparently this is their answer for everything.) Uh, excuse me? Who wants to do that after spending so much time making the phone my own? Moreover, why should I have to? If I make it clear that this problem didn't happen on my previous phone and is also happening to other One owners, how about admitting that your phone has a couple flaws and promise to work on it for a future update? I also don't trust them not to lose anything I back up for a reset, because their app for transferring things from my Razr to my One missed a bunch of stuff. Anyone else have that problem?

There are a couple other, smaller things that bug me, but that's enough for now. As I say, I like it a lot on the whole. The camera features alone make people jealous when I show it off. Also, I know some people dislike Blink Feed, but I think it's cool and adds to the phone's experience for me.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

Overall, I am very happy with the One!  Of course it is probably safe to say that almost anything would have been a big step up from my Bionic.  Having said that, there are always going to be things that are less than perfect.

1.  Volume of external speakers shockingly quieter than I expected.  In fact, it is hard to hear GPS directions at times.  I really expected them to be louder.  Perhaps they had to play it safe since they are forward facing and someone could have their ear up to it by mistake.  You know, play it safe and avoid a stupid lawsuit later?

2.  The automatic dimming/brightness mechanism.  When I play a game, such as solitaire, in landscape mode, the screen will change brightness for some reason.  I imagine that my hand is covering the sensor, but my old phone wasn't so sensitive.  It is a minor pain in the butt.

3.  I don't like the way app icons are arranged.  I do like the "custom" folders of apps, but then the rest seem to be in the order of last added.  Why can't we have Custom + Alphabetical?  Why aren't there more pages to the "Home Screen"?

Am I the only one that doesn't like this, or am I clueless on how to set it up?

4.  Would have liked an easier way to get to my contacts than going to phone and then swiping a couple times to get to them.

Other than that, I can't really pick on anything else.  Things I do like.

1.  I do like the flush power button.  It is out of the way!

2.  I love the fact that the volume buttons are more flush too.  When in my car mount, I don't have to fiddle around trying to get the mount to not push them!

3.  I love the Sense UI.  I didn't think I'd fall for a gizmo, but I love having that.

4.  It is FAST!

0 Likes
AggieT
Enthusiast - Level 3

What I like:

Multimedia quality (Sound and picture)

Style!

BlinkFeed!

What I don't like:

Lack of menu botton and HTC logo! They give us a menu button on 4.2.2 .. I wish they offer a lock and unlock shortcut through the screen or more prefably the buttons as well.

Some calls are hard to listen without hands free or speaker phone

some noise on my headphone when there is no music playback (this is amplified through car audio system)

There is a certain spot (or area) in our campus that I can't get data but I have bars on!?

0 Likes
Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

Things i don't like:

-Power button on left has me pushing it against my chest and pressing with right index finger to turn it on.. I realized that it probably looks weird in public

-The stock browser stops working for me too. Just stops loading out of no where. I really prefer the stock over Chrome because i love the black bleak look but i had to change to Chrome default.

-The volume isn't that loud, and when you turn off Beats Audio it gets louder but the quality goes down the toilet. Also the lowest volume sound is too loud so when i'm laying down in bed at night watching videos or something its too loud. This is probably the most annoying out of all and really hard to get used to. But maybe that's just me nitpicking?

-Screen brightness really KILLS battery.. I went to having 4-5 more hours of use with the battery on auto.

-Auto brightness always switches the brightness around sooo much and sometimes I can't even see the screen with it on.

-Texting pictures to people is unusually long and requires a few touches on the screen. Also the images get downsized really easily. I came from an iPhone 5 so idk.. I think this is just me getting used to Android.

But I REALLY love this phone. I also love the page-like scrolling on the apps page. I actually returned the phone after 2 weeks and i'm gonna give the Note 3 a try.. if i don't like it ill jump right back to the HTC One because i loved it that much. If i'm gonna stick with this phone for the next 2 years i wanna make sure its the best out there. 

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

I too notice the thing with the auto brightness. I think the sensor is on the top left front? and notice that if I move my hands away from that area it brightens up.

I'm not a heavy user, so the battery has been great for me so far.

Haven't had any issues with the browser.

The little I play music or videos on it, I can get over the disappointing sound level. I just don't understand how every review raved over how loud it is.

According to Cnet's review of the new Moto Max and Ultra they are much lounder with it's back speaker than the ONE.

Beats Audio is such a farce as a company. HTC bascially wasted a ton of money on a brand name.

I still love this phone, and no phone is going to be perfect. The only other phone I would have looked would have been the Maxx, but I there's nothing that wrong with the ONE that I would need to.

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

What cases are you guys using?

For those who use Bluetooth earpieces, which ones are you using?

0 Likes
Dippy_Dawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's the thing that concerns me.

I kept reading how everyone here is disappointed about the volume.

But I heard a friend's One, from AT&T, and it was quite loud... He was playing a movie preview while we had the TV on and we could still clearly hear the preview.

On the other hand, I went in to play with a display unit and like everyone says here, it didn't seem that loud. Is Verizon messing with the Boom Sound?

Just a thought.

0 Likes
GeorgeCT
Contributor - Level 2

Dippy_Dawg wrote:

Here's the thing that concerns me.

I kept reading how everyone here is disappointed about the volume.

But I heard a friend's One, from AT&T, and it was quite loud... He was playing a movie preview while we had the TV on and we could still clearly hear the preview.

On the other hand, I went in to play with a display unit and like everyone says here, it didn't seem that loud. Is Verizon messing with the Boom Sound?

Just a thought.

I'd like the know the same thing because every review I've read on the internet and Youtube say the volume is excellent and even loud but not distorted.

What is Verzion doing to this phone...are they actually trying to make it worse?  The issues Verizon is having with this phone is not what all the other carriers are having.  Something is not right.

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

I actually thought the same thing, that maybe v's version is tweaked.

I didn't say anything as I didn't want to come across as crazy.

Everyone knows of my disdain for verizon.

Maybe they messed with it so it wouldn't be as good as their precious moto phones.

We know we lost that power saver mode, the others got.

0 Likes