Re: HTC ONE part 2
lbcake

>> Duplicate post removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

demmo86rt wrote:

Tried it on my Rezound, didn't make a difference.

Since I haven't had the phone long enough, nor have I really run it without the guru installed, I cannot confirm or deny your findings.  It isn't interfering with anything I use, so I guess it's working fine and doing what it is supposed to do.  Time will tell, I suppose.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If it doesn't make your battery life any better, then it's not working fine, it's an unnecessary app.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

Actually, I do think it helps.  My battery is lasting all day now.

0 Likes
AggieT
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I've used my HTC one a few days for now! It came without any gap, a little imperfection on the shiny trim near the power button, but I kept it! I noticed if I'd order after a few days they could trap me with their max plan! I went with the glacier commuter case. I had an Incipio case and a booklet style genuine leather case as my next choices.

I noticed the OS is a data eater! I disabled google now and it seems under control, any thoughts on this?

I also want to check the battery life with you! I get a very good battery life if I'm on WiFi ... it drains much more when connected to 4G LTE. Is it normal?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Google Now will use a fair amount of data because it is monitoring a lot of things you do with your phone and feeding you information it thinks you will be interested in based on that. 

And, yes, it will always use more battery using mobile data (more so on LTE) than WiFi.

0 Likes
AggieT
Enthusiast - Level 3

I looked for verified real life experience, as I am aware of theory behind these.

Thanks duh.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Really!?!  You asked if it was normal behavior, so I answered your question.  If you are aware of the theory behind it, then you should have known it was normal behavior. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

AggieT wrote:

I looked for verified real life experience, as I am aware of theory behind these.

Thanks duh.

ok...how's this:

"in real life" Google Now will use a fair amount of data because it is monitoring a lot of things you do with your phone and feeding you information it thinks you will be interested in based on that.

And, yes, it will always use more battery using mobile data (more so on LTE) than WiFi.

where do you think his answer came from? a fairy tale?

Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

How are ya'll enjoying your Ones?

0 Likes