Highlighted

Re: HTC ONE part 2

Novice

HTC1ANDONLY wrote:

I don't think it really matters anymore. More than 90% of computers/tablets/smartphones/etc don't come with Flash anyway. I think it was more of a concern back in like 2008 when websites required Flash.

Many website still require flash

Highlighted

Re: HTC ONE part 2

Novice

AZSALUKI wrote:

plus, the network slows down after more and more people get LTE devices. when i got the tbolt i could get 20-30mbps routinely. not the case after a year, and more people with LTE devices. a lot of the new LTE markets on other carriers are just beginning to get saturated with LTE devices there.

Just like cable.  I remember when cable internet first started going widespread.  Speeds were great until around 3pm and the kids got home from school.  Then it was like dialup!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: HTC ONE part 2

Novice

HTC1ANDONLY wrote:

I just got my HTC One using Wirefly. Whoever said that Wireflys model is not on Andoird 4.2.2 is not correct. I can confirm that Wirefly HTC One for Verizon Wireless is Android 4.2.2. Love this phone! This is my 3rd Android phone (Moto Droid RAZR, HTC Droid DNA, and now HTC ONE) couldn't be happier. Unexpectedly smaller in size than my last two phone, that is NOT a bad thing, because the screen is almost as big and has much better pixel density. BTW, there is no Power Saver mode on the Verizon Wireless models which is kind of a bummer, but we'll see how the battery life is over the next few days.

I installed the Snap Dragon Battery Guru almost 2 days ago.  You configure some basic settings on how you use the phone.  Then it will spend 2 days "learning" how you use the phone before it engages for power savings.  I have 6 more hours to go. Once it goes into effect, I'll report back on my findings.  It's a free app.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: HTC ONE part 2

Member

Paul Kailas wrote:

I installed the Snap Dragon Battery Guru almost 2 days ago.  You configure some basic settings on how you use the phone.  Then it will spend 2 days "learning" how you use the phone before it engages for power savings.  I have 6 more hours to go. Once it goes into effect, I'll report back on my findings.  It's a free app.

I tried it and removed it.  Didn't like how it disabled syncing of various things.  For example, the weather widget which is by default on the lock screen would say that there was no weather data.  So if you don't mind your phone looking like it's got broken apps, then that battery guru is ok.  I also didn't notice it making much of a difference.  And I also haven't noticed the built in battery saver making much difference either so I"m not running it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: HTC ONE part 2

Novice

taxandspend wrote:

Paul Kailas wrote:

I installed the Snap Dragon Battery Guru almost 2 days ago.  You configure some basic settings on how you use the phone.  Then it will spend 2 days "learning" how you use the phone before it engages for power savings.  I have 6 more hours to go. Once it goes into effect, I'll report back on my findings.  It's a free app.

I tried it and removed it.  Didn't like how it disabled syncing of various things.  For example, the weather widget which is by default on the lock screen would say that there was no weather data.  So if you don't mind your phone looking like it's got broken apps, then that battery guru is ok.  I also didn't notice it making much of a difference.  And I also haven't noticed the built in battery saver making much difference either so I"m not running it.

If you look at the setup, you can configure apps not to be governed by the app.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: HTC ONE part 2

Sr. Leader

HTC1ANDONLY wrote:

I don't think it really matters anymore. More than 90% of computers/tablets/smartphones/etc don't come with Flash anyway. I think it was more of a concern back in like 2008 when websites required Flash.

as was already mentioned, there are still MANY sites running flash. it may no longer be the standard, but it will be a while before everyone drops it.

I also "realized" that the One doesn't have a "flash player" .

What do you do?

do what paul said. as long as third party app installation is enabled in your settings, you find the .apk easily and install it. chrome won't run it, but many other will, and i also use dolphin. besides being one of the best browsers, it runs flash very easily, once flash is installed.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: HTC ONE part 2

"No, that would be like verizon removing the sd card from the butterfly and calling it the butterly."

...or like removing support for the FM tuner and calling is the One X. Not the HTC "oh so you like listening to football games while riding your bike? well, sir, >Comment deleted. Comments concerning rooting, jailbreaking, etc., are a violation of the

That's right, in their infinite wisdom Verizon has decided that the phone needs to have a built-in FM receiver that does nothing but add weight. Truly brilliant.

Worst. Company. Ever.

>Rooting comment deleted. If you wish to continue to post in this forum, please adhere to the ToS.<


Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: HTC ONE part 2

Also, I think denying us the ability to take advantage of the 24/7 availability of dozens of local broadcasts is a pretty solid point in favor of the "they just want us to use up our data" conspiracy, don't y'all?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: HTC ONE part 2

Sr. Leader

pretty much. there's no legitimate reason to disable the radio feature, except to force you to stream more.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: HTC ONE part 2

Leader

Tried it on my Rezound, didn't make a difference.

0 Likes