Re: HTC ONE part 2
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

AZSALUKI wrote:

true. there will always be places that certain carriers are better, but i believe that it's pretty widely accepted that verizon has the best coverage.

I personally wouldn't word it that way.  I would say that Verizon has the largest area of service.  Not necessarily the best coverage.  In the areas that AT&T has coverage, they have better service in many cases.

0 Likes
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

This is the only reason I continued to wait for this long and exhausting release. Verizon is, by far, the best carrier as far as reception and speed goes in my area.  As far as cost goes, I do get a 21% discount for being a GM employee.. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

For anyone;

Is there no phone book preview on the One above the keypad, like there was on the Inc...etc?

0 Likes
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

Nope, I kinda miss that also. Just have to swipe to the screen to the left to get history calls. You can also edit the order the tabs are in.

0 Likes
HTC1ANDONLY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. The perks of working at a dealership.

0 Likes
Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

So far I like this phone a lot more than I thought I would

My nom gets 22% for being a nurse, which is why I'm still in a shared family plan

0 Likes
HTC1ANDONLY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got my HTC One using Wirefly. Whoever said that Wireflys model is not on Andoird 4.2.2 is not correct. I can confirm that Wirefly HTC One for Verizon Wireless is Android 4.2.2. Love this phone! This is my 3rd Android phone (Moto Droid RAZR, HTC Droid DNA, and now HTC ONE) couldn't be happier. Unexpectedly smaller in size than my last two phone, that is NOT a bad thing, because the screen is almost as big and has much better pixel density. BTW, there is no Power Saver mode on the Verizon Wireless models which is kind of a bummer, but we'll see how the battery life is over the next few days.

mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

I also "realized" that the One doesn't have a "flash player" .

What do you do?

0 Likes
HTC1ANDONLY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think it really matters anymore. More than 90% of computers/tablets/smartphones/etc don't come with Flash anyway. I think it was more of a concern back in like 2008 when websites required Flash.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

mk7se wrote:

I also "realized" that the One doesn't have a "flash player" .

What do you do?

Find an old version of flash out there and download an apk installer.  Then you will need a browser that will support flash.  I used Dolphin.

0 Likes