Re: HTC ONE part 2
Appleanche
Enthusiast - Level 2

No issues with reception so far, noticeably better than my Galaxy Nexus.

Each store is going to depend, my salesman was helpful and knowledgeable.  I went in a few days before and was asking about device payment plan and one rep had no idea, told me it was the Edge plan, couldn't keep unlimited data, couldn't do it on a single line, despite me having it on my phone.

I came in expecting to have to fight to do the plan and he knew immediately what it was, how it worked, and set me up. He naturally tried to sell me cases and other accessories, the whole "You're paying $600 for a phone and not putting a case on it!?!"

That being said, how is everyone's camera? I'm afraid mine might be have a defective one, it has a blue/purple tint.  It's purple textured when I block the lens.. the front camera is fine.  Am I going to be charged $35 or should I call customer support and get a swap that way?    

0 Likes
Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

I got the phone today after all.

I noticed there's no power saver option on the Verizon version, and all the reviews hailed the feature so much

Can anyone confirm the 3 day return no restocking fee rule?

0 Likes
Not applicable

No Power Saver Option? That is strange. I did not think that feature was carrier dependent.

On my T-Mobile HTC One its on the screen swipe up menu. Strange.

I don't believe its three days since you can swap the phone out within 14 days with no restocking fee. Its not like you are returning a non defective phone in which you are. This I may be incorrect in my assumption. Sorry.

0 Likes
taxandspend
Enthusiast - Level 3

Elector wrote:

No Power Saver Option? That is strange. I did not think that feature was carrier dependent.

On my T-Mobile HTC One its on the screen swipe up menu. Strange.

I don't believe its three days since you can swap the phone out within 14 days with no restocking fee. Its not like you are returning a non defective phone in which you are. This I may be incorrect in my assumption. Sorry.

More shenanigans.  No FM radio?  More shenanigans.  5 years ago when I still had a Blackberry, they locked down the GPS so that we had to use their pay version - more shenanigans.  They claimed it was for security reasons.   I'm sure you can't use Google Wallet either - more shenanigans.  Those and other reasons are why I finally got sick of it and left.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Wow! I am sure you read this from me before, but the cellular carriers should not have the ability to change the phones functions outside of what the manufacturer intended.

I have the radio, the power saver, wifi calling with the T-Mobile version of this device. Yet Verizon strips out functions they should not be touching.

Google Wallet I have no use for.

0 Likes
taxandspend
Enthusiast - Level 3

Elector wrote:

Google Wallet I have no use for.

I probably don't either - and T-Mobile may have removed that functionality as well, I don't know.  But the idea that they temper with things like that bothers me.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yep T-Mobile has no Google Wallet. But I agree that no tampering with the devices is and should be stopped. Your phone was built with features that made you want it, Verizon has no right to add crapware or remove any functions from the devices. They provide access to the telephone and data network. They should have no right to tamper with something you pay for.

0 Likes
wacnstac
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, why no FM radio?   This was one of my favorite features to listen to a ballgame while at the park, or while traveling.   Did MLB pay you a lot of money or something?   This sucks.

0 Likes
taxandspend
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think this is the one advantage of Apple - they don't let the carrier install bloatware or remove features.  At least not to any great extent.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Elector wrote:

Yep T-Mobile has no Google Wallet. But I agree that no tampering with the devices is and should be stopped. Your phone was built with features that made you want it, Verizon has no right to add crapware or remove any functions from the devices. They provide access to the telephone and data network. They should have no right to tamper with something you pay for.

While I agree it would be nice if all of the HTC ONE phones across the carriers had the same capabilities and that crapware was minimized across ALL carriers, I disagree with your "opinion" that "Verizon has no right to add crapware or remove any functions from the devices."

These changes to the phone ARE NOT done without the knowledge of the manufacturer. If someone has service with Verizon they are paying for the capabilities for the phone which is available on the Verizon network, not for the capabilities of the phone on a different network. Yes, sometimes a little research is needed to determine if the capability wanted is available, but if Verizon does not offer the capability on the phone, you are not paying Verizon for the capability.

0 Likes