Re: HTC ONE part 2
Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

mk7se wrote:

I got mine and had no problems. Build quality is great.

The store reps were great. Two of them were actually HTC fan boys and we spent 30 min. trashing the rest of their phone line up.

Maybe I shouldn't mention this here since V is so anti HTC, I don't want them to lose their jobs.

My only minor complaints.

1. Phone gets a warm.

2. Ringtones and sounds are REALLY lame.

Other than that, SUPER happy I have it.

Does it get warmer than the iphone 5? Or about the same?

Really? i liked the text sounds i heard

0 Likes
darthpicc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the fone yesterday.  I will preface my comment by saying the mechanical specs are wonderful and it could have been a great fone for me.  That being said I am returning it.  I have the feeling from this fone  that android is morphing into apple...we are losing the freedom that made android great.  First I hate blinkfeed.  The streams are so limited as to be unusable for me...3 cruddy news sources and not even a twitter feed.  Why can't we choose our own?  This made the home screen unusable for me which is a no go.  I didn't realize how much of the internal storage would be lost to os, so no SD card was another epic fail for me.  The last straw was no FM radio unlike the sprint T-Mobile and at&t versions...which honestly was a big selling point for me (I know I am crazy). Verizon, is data usage profit that important? Great mechanical phone but a lot of little issues that irked me, so back to the store.

Not applicable

The screen is custom under the setting when you slide the screen down. I have facebook, twitter, cnet, endgaget, and apps on the face. You have to learn to use it.

The 32GB is plenty of space. I moved 1300 songs on my phone and 300 photos and I still have more than half that space still available.

Now the FM Radio is great but I was not aware it was only on T-Mobile and AT&T (I have the T-Mobile version of the HTC One LTE) but you have to plug in a set of head phones to use the feature. Pandora and iheart and Slacker work great without the headphones plugged in. As I said the Beats Audio makes my music great to listen to. You Tube videos and music are also a great pleasure to see and hear.

People have been chompping at the bit for the phone, now Verizon carrys it and now find little issues against it. you could have just played with the device at the store and not bought it. That is what I would have done.

Oh well to each their own.

0 Likes
darthpicc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your input.  I dont use FB and CNET and endgadget are not the type of news I want.  Huffpo, AP, and reuters are garbage.  My gripe is that you have to take what they give you and cant choose your own feed, as far as I know.  And how do you know how much is enough space for me.  I actually record a lot of video and even with dropbox I still need more space.  RE the FM radio, pandora, iheart, etc, is not what I am talking about.  I want the to be able to tune into live air radio, particularly for the sports which cost money on internet radio.  I also want to be able to listen when I dont have a signal (3g or otherwise) and that happens a lot for me. I did actually play with it in the store, but obviously not enough.  We always find little things that are less acceptable once we have real time to peruse the device.  So we will see what happens.  Probably stick with my Inc 2 until the gs4 mini comes out.

0 Likes
BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

FYI

Install this HTC Transfer Tool on your old phone to move your content to your new HTC phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.htc.dnatransfer.legacy&feature=search_result#?t=W2...

ALSO.. For those saying it does not work... Watch the tutorial on the play store. You don't open the app on your new device.

.As the HTC  1 one does not have a micro sd slot,this app saved a lot of  messing  around.

Took a long time to transfer music and video but I did have quite a bit and my old (HTC Rezound)  phone may have been a bit slow.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

I used that tool when I transferred my data from my Bionic

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

Sure the One isn't for everybody. No big deal and thankfully there are choices.

But, it sounds like you need a camera and an mp3 player. Not a phone which is what these things are first and foremost.

If you take lots of video, perhaps a GoPro or a camera.

Maybe get yourself an ipod.

I have a Samsung Galaxy 4.2 player and while I don't like touch-wiz, it's a great player and you can add a sd card.

No offense, but I still don't understand why people need 30-60 gigs of music at their disposal. How much down time do they have?

Sure I have 50+ gigs on the PC, but I don't need to carry it and I'd rather view my pics and vids on the computer instead of my 4.7" screen.

Good luck in your search. Maybe look at the LG G2 coming out.

0 Likes
AggieT
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is the same type of gap I saw in the phone that was displayed in the local store:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNT1YRcGDL0

I asked about it from the agent and he said it's not a flaw and probably all of them are like this and Verizon pays $600 for these phones and bla bla ... contact HTC in the case yours is like this! I don't mine yet!

I believe Verizon sells it to us and doesn't let us to buy from HTC! So he has to take care of such things as well.

How do you think about this? Is it an example of a defected phone? Who is responsible then?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I looked at mine and there is no gap. Maybe not all the HTC Ones have the warp at the top.

Then again I purchased mine from T-Mobile.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

Mine is perfect

0 Likes