Re: HTC ONE part 2
bholt6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got mine ordered for in-store pick up this morning.  Surprisingly when I went in yesterday, the sales rep said they had "barely into the double digits" in stock and that they had been receiving phone calls about it pretty constantly throughout the last couple days.  I definitely wanted to make sure mine was there waiting for me.  Also, Best Buy has the HTC One on their website and in stores...it does say theirs (Best Buy's version) is running 4.1 Jellybean...maybe a typo?

pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

I ordered mine for in-store pick up, and received my confirmation, too!  I would have preferred the black one, but this will be just fine, it's a great looking phone.  I'm just used to black.

Has anyone, who signed up for the HTC One news, received anything from Verizon that it's now available?

The ONLY email I got after signing up was an email encouraging me NOT to wait for the One and to consider getting the S4 instead!

0 Likes
GeorgeCT
Contributor - Level 2

How come no one at Verizon knows when they'll have the black version of the HTC One?

I spoke to a person at my Verizon store and they don't know, I spoke to multiple people at customer service and they don't know.  Even supervisors don't know anything.

How do you launch a phone on the countries largest mobile carrier and not know anything about this phone?

0 Likes
MexicanoBloanco
Enthusiast - Level 2

The manager in Carson said he couldnt tell me color availability. I am not tripping though. When I first saw it in silver on TV I knew I had to have it. I think I am going to get a bumper style case for this on since the phone is so awesome. You can get them on casefanatic.com

0 Likes
GeorgeCT
Contributor - Level 2

Well I am going to put the One in a black case (UAG) but I still want the phone in all black.

For $600 I should get what I want.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

GeorgeCT wrote:

How come no one at Verizon knows when they'll have the black version of the HTC One?

I spoke to a person at my Verizon store and they don't know, I spoke to multiple people at customer service and they don't know.  Even supervisors don't know anything.

How do you launch a phone on the countries largest mobile carrier and not know anything about this phone?

That ship has sailed, getting what you should get for the money you spend.

0 Likes
MexicanoBloanco
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have never worked in the industry wether it be the sales or support side... most of the time they make you sign a confidentiality agreement saying they have to say exactly the canned responses we have all been given. I did tech support for the iPhone years ago just before the 3GS came out. I didn't know until the day before it hit the shelves.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

MexicanoBloanco wrote:

If you have never worked in the industry wether it be the sales or support side... most of the time they make you sign a confidentiality agreement saying they have to say exactly the canned responses we have all been given. I did tech support for the iPhone years ago just before the 3GS came out. I didn't know until the day before it hit the shelves.

Never thought that the reps where hiding things from us.  It's the Corporate policy that has been baffling many of us.  If you're going to sell a device, you'd think it would be in everyone's best interest to promote it to maximize sales!

0 Likes
GeorgeCT
Contributor - Level 2

I agree about the "maximize sales" statement.

(and why would Verizon omit the black one from it's launch, kind of stupid, at least put some out there and see what the response is between the silver and black).

Now I'm stuck with my flip phone and $30 monthly bill when I could be handing them $600 and at the minimum $70-$80 monthly charge.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

GeorgeCT wrote:

I agree about the "maximize sales" statement.

(and why would Verizon omit the black one from it's launch, kind of stupid, at least put some out there and see what the response is between the silver and black).

Now I'm stuck with my flip phone and $30 monthly bill when I could be handing them $600 and at the minimum $70-$80 monthly charge.

I'm sure if you ask them, they'll say, "Have you considered getting an S4 instead?"

0 Likes