Re: HTC ONE part 2
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

tarantino11 wrote:

Please remove me from your email list than you.

As noted earlier, you have to change your e-mail preferences yourself via the drop-down at the top of the page next to your user name.

0 Likes
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

beau84 wrote:

I just didn't know anyone actually admitted to using a phone holster.

Well.. I'll admit it. And I carry my gun in my pocket..

http://www.amazon.com/Aduro-Holster-Kick-Stand-T-Mobile-Cellular/dp/B00D6OESG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qi...

Have this one with my ext. battery Rezound, and if you miss a kickstand it works well.

0 Likes
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

Ok, confirmed (if you take my word for it that is). I just called the closest VZW corporate store here in NC. I asked if the One will be in store on the 22nd. She said that she checked in 5 units today and they are at the store. But.. she could not find info on a launch date in her system.

I told her about the email I received from VZW, she put me on hold and came back saying she found the 8/22 launch date. She is holding one for me and I am picking it up first thing Thurs morning! Believe me, I tried to get it tonight.. policy, blah blah.

Oh, all 5 of them are silver. I will be looking for every screen lift, dent, scratch, etc before I leave the store with it.

beau84
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I could I would, but I carry full size.

0 Likes
Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

I was going through Wirefly's checkout process just to see if there would be any random extra charges and I saw a 30$ upgrade fee. Not activation fee, but upgrade fee. I never paid this before. Hopefully only Wirefly and VZ charge this and not other retailers? Are upgrade fee's and activation fees the same?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Yes

0 Likes
i8abug

I have called both Verizon stores in my area to see if they will have the One on the 22nd. Neither store has any info on whether they will have them that day or not. They said they had not received any emails or anything to indicate they would have them on time. I then started an online chat with a Verizon sales rep this afternoon to see if I ordered one on the 22nd when I could expect to receive it. She indicated that I should be able to order then, but didn't know when it would ship. I asked if they actually had them in stock in a warehouse or something. Again, she said she did not know. It is less than 2 days before launch and still no one seems to have any straight answers. Didn't they state on Twitter that the "HTC One will be available online and in stores on August 22."? This is getting frustrating.

0 Likes
Bmar96
Enthusiast - Level 2

@i8abug That's Verizon's way of being helpful. And yes, it will be available on the 22nd but obviously no stores are going to be telling you they received the phone or anything in the warehouse, they like to keep in on the DL...

0 Likes
tarantino11

Remove me from your email thanks

0 Likes
Winchestur
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've also called several Verizon stores in my area and can't get an answer from any of them.  None of them even acknowledge that the phone is coming out on Thursday.  I'm beginning to feel like I just dreamed it was coming out.  Also it sucks its only coming in silver one cause I had my heart set on black but I guess I'll get over it.  I've waited since the end of December to replace my iPhone 4 and I'm done waiting.

0 Likes