Re: HTC ONE part 2
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

beau84 wrote:

See that's what I assumed you meant, I just didn't know anyone actually admitted to using a phone holster. I carry a gun in my holster, phone goes in my pocket

LOL.  With these phones getting bigger, yet thinner, I am trying to avoid being listed on the favorites examples of "Darwinism" by accidentally castrating myself by carrying such a device and sitting down with it still in my pocket!

0 Likes
beau84
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know, these phones are getting obnoxiously large! I think it's time men started carrying purses. Man purses. Murses. I've considered getting a phone holster, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Perhaps it's time someone did invent a hovering, following phone case. I would buy one of those!

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

beau84 wrote:

I know, these phones are getting obnoxiously large! I think it's time men started carrying purses. Man purses. Murses. I've considered getting a phone holster, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Perhaps it's time someone did invent a hovering, following phone case. I would buy one of those!

Ahh so your initial response to me was "hoping" that I indeed possess such a hovering, following phone case!

It's all perfectly clear to me now!  I remember the days when the only thing a man bragged about to another man that was smaller, was his cell phone.  Alas, everything seems to end up "bigger is better".

0 Likes
taxandspend
Enthusiast - Level 3

beau84 wrote:

Up until a few years ago, I would have agreed.  However once you get into your mid 40's, it becomes difficult to see those small screens!  The HTC One isn't so large that it's unwieldy, and coming from the HTC Incredible 2, the screen is so much easier to read.  My wife loved her iPhone, but switched to the Galaxy S4 for that exact reason - screen is too small.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

taxandspend wrote:

beau84 wrote:

Up until a few years ago, I would have agreed.  However once you get into your mid 40's, it becomes difficult to see those small screens!  The HTC One isn't so large that it's unwieldy, and coming from the HTC Incredible 2, the screen is so much easier to read.  My wife loved her iPhone, but switched to the Galaxy S4 for that exact reason - screen is too small.

I'm going from a 4.3" screen and hope that 4.7" is going to hide the real fact that it isn't my eyes, but rather my arms are too short!

0 Likes
Merlin13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Personally those 5.5"+ screen phones are too big, at least the 4.7-5" phones still fit in a pocket reasonably well.

I'm still really annoyed at Verizon.  I signed up to receive notifications about the HTC One with two email accounts.  I still have only gotten spam from it with no info on the One.  The only reason I even know it's coming out is that I check often and saw the Twitter info.  And their main website still has no info, even doing a search.  Really poor communication on Verizon's part, and I know it isn't just that Verizon is bad at communication because they do a great job with the Moto and Samsung phones.  I don't care if they favor other vendors, but that's absolutely no excuse not to communicate with your customers.

pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

Merlin13 wrote:

Personally those 5.5"+ screen phones are too big, at least the 4.7-5" phones still fit in a pocket reasonably well.

I'm still really annoyed at Verizon.  I signed up to receive notifications about the HTC One with two email accounts.  I still have only gotten spam from it with no info on the One.  The only reason I even know it's coming out is that I check often and saw the Twitter info.  And their main website still has no info, even doing a search.  Really poor communication on Verizon's part, and I know it isn't just that Verizon is bad at communication because they do a great job with the Moto and Samsung phones.  I don't care if they favor other vendors, but that's absolutely no excuse not to communicate with your customers.

It is plainly obvious that VZW did NOT want to carry this phone.  They are only carrying it because of customer pressure.  Someone at VZW is not happy with being overridden on their decision and is going to do this release very grudgingly.  I assume it is someone very high up, or else they would have been fired and this whole debacle would have been alleviated!

taxandspend
Enthusiast - Level 3

Paul Kailas wrote:

It is plainly obvious that VZW did NOT want to carry this phone.  They are only carrying it because of customer pressure.  Someone at VZW is not happy with being overridden on their decision and is going to do this release very grudgingly.  I assume it is someone very high up, or else they would have been fired and this whole debacle would have been alleviated!

I can tell you first hand that it's a fabulous device.  Dead spots and all.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Merlin13 wrote:

i have the note II and it fits fine in my pocket just fine. however, i now shop for shorts based specifically on large pockets....lol.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

AZSALUKI wrote:

Merlin13 wrote:

i have the note II and it fits fine in my pocket just fine. however, i now shop for shorts based specifically on large pockets....lol.

Better than having to carry a murse!