Re: HTC ONE part 2
Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

I've been doing some research and a lot of stores do not price match online retailers. Do you guys know of any?

Also, turns out Costco has a 90-day full refund policy, which is dope

0 Likes
groovysunflowers
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think you understood what I meant. I know white is white. But the person I was replying to that said "no black or white options?" Or something like that, I was clearing that up, that there is no white HTC one. (Which you also helped to elaborate on by saying it does not look white whatsoever.)  People call the silver One white a lot, just because it might be easier to say "black or white." Why anyone would want to paint that beautiful silver aluminum white is beyond me but I did not need correcting, thank you.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The way you answered "yes you needed to be corrected" what you assumed to be correct was not.

White is white, black is black, silver is silver and the new red one is red. It not a what people call the silver its silver.

I agree its a pretty neat looking phone in Glacier Silver that is why I bought it.

But thanks for sharing your concerns.

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

This was tweeted by the verizon rep on the 16th

https://twitter.com/VZWalbert

"i can only confirm the silver/aluminum color today. If that changes we'll be sure to announce."

and.

"I can only confirm aluminum color for launch. No additional colors to announce at this time."

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon public relations and customer service is got to be the worst around!  So every time you chat with a sales rep, they push you to "sign up for news".  Yet the ONLY freaking news they have sent so far is to encourage you not to wait, and get the S4 instead.  Then they "leak" the news of Aug 22 in their Twitter account, and turn some (comment edited) loose to leak more info. 

Where is this news in that "spam generator" of a sign up?????

And nothing from HTC either?  Neither HTC nor VWZ seems to care about building any momentum for releasing the HTC One here on Verizon!!  What is up with that?

Comment edited for appropriate content as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
taxandspend
Enthusiast - Level 3

They really must be releasing this phone under duress.  Why else all the baloney?

Lucky you getting 4.2.2 though, but now I'm betting that the rest of the carriers will get 4.3 next, and Verizon will again be delayed with that.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

Just did my daily chat with a Verizon rep. 

First time they confirmed Aug 22.  They have absolutely NO other information about it.  No Color info, no OS info, nothing.

Who ever is forcing them to release the phone, doesn't have enough power to do it right.

0 Likes
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

I mean come on man, do you really expect them to have any info what so ever on a phone that is being released in 3 days?

I remember HTC once tweeted that when the Verizon release happens it will be a 'big deal'. So much for that...

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

UgXvibe wrote:

I mean come on man, do you really expect them to have any info what so ever on a phone that is being released in 3 days?

I remember HTC once tweeted that when the Verizon release happens it will be a 'big deal'. So much for that...

I expect to look out at the sky on the 22nd and see sky writing and fireworks!

0 Likes
bholt6
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's been confirmed by HTC's President on twitter.  HTC is skipping the 4.2.2 update because he said it had minimal customer benefit.  In the conversation he said they hoped to have 4.3 rolled out by the end of September to all US phones (maybe carriers...cant remember).  So, Verizon being released with 4.2.2 isn't really a perk or something special at all (although, I've heard 4.2.2 did add some pretty nice features).  Who knows how long it will take us to get 4.3.

0 Likes