Re: HTC ONE part 2
Klue
Master - Level 1

Yes 4.2.2 is nice, it seems quite stable, not one problem after 6 weeks.  My wife has it on her S4. A lot better then gingerbread on her old phone. 

0 Likes
bholt6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wouldn't be too jealous of the 4.2.2.  I've been watching HTC's tweets over the past few weeks and it sounds like they're going to skip it all together and go straight for 4.3.

0 Likes
radelster
Enthusiast - Level 2

2 things of note.   1 - when you get emails, it states to REPLY... reply to the message, or go to the forums.  I replied to the message DAYS ago... never appeared in the forum.

2.  Why does verizon still have the HIDDEN sign-up page for INFORMATION on the HTC one?   Where there is NOTHING on the home page, or on their selection of smartphones?

If indeed it were to be available in stores the 22nd... why have those who signed up for that email list, NOT received any information on it?   WHY is there no other information on their website regarding it, especially if it WERE being in the stores AND online in a mere 6 more days.   Why the secrecy about it?   WHY verizon?

Because Verizon could care less about their customers.... They don't care how happy, or pissed off you are.... they want your money, and they could care less if you leave and go to AT&T... just like the circus... for every one who leaves to att or tmobile... another sucker will be born and come to verizon.

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW???

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

radelster wrote:

2 things of note.   1 - when you get emails, it states to REPLY... reply to the message, or go to the forums.  I replied to the message DAYS ago... never appeared in the forum.

2.  Why does verizon still have the HIDDEN sign-up page for INFORMATION on the HTC one?   Where there is NOTHING on the home page, or on their selection of smartphones?

If indeed it were to be available in stores the 22nd... why have those who signed up for that email list, NOT received any information on it?   WHY is there no other information on their website regarding it, especially if it WERE being in the stores AND online in a mere 6 more days.   Why the secrecy about it?   WHY verizon?

Because Verizon could care less about their customers.... They don't care how happy, or ****** off you are.... they want your money, and they could care less if you leave and go to AT&T... just like the circus... for every one who leaves to att or tmobile... another sucker will be born and come to verizon.

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW???

Go to your profile page and see exactly where your replies have ended up. https://community.verizonwireless.com/people/radelster/activity

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
foolie

Fellas, $199 is still a good price regardless for this device, I don't see any other phone less or equal to 5" that's better than this, esp when Moto X is asking the same pricepoint

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

foolie wrote:

Fellas, $199 is still a good price regardless for this device, I don't see any other phone less or equal to 5" that's better than this, esp when Moto X is asking the same pricepoint

right, especially on verizon.

I feel bad for calling the Verizon Rep I spoke with this morning a liar haha.  As exciting as this is, I'm extremely disappointed (although, new it was coming) with the $199 price point.  Especially with the fact that you can get TWO at Sprint for that price.  I wonder how quickly that price will drop?  Or if they even care to drop it to make it comparable to other carriers?

people need to QUIT comparing prices with other carriers. there's a reason you're with verizon and it's definitely NOT their pricing. there's a reason the other carriers have to be cheaper to retain any customers at all. go get TWO phones on sprint if that's what you want. i'll let you borrow my one verizon phone when you need to actually make a call.

0 Likes
REC732

Cause VZ wants you to buy Motorola......not samsung not apple not HTC

Motorola.

Its sad cause I thought choices and options was what consumers wanted from

Companies. Instead we get told what we should buy or better yet stuck

where we just have to settle for what they are feeding us.

I really do hate Verizon......not the product but the people making

decisions.

0 Likes
bholt6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Holy overreaction.  Let's pull the Verizon "D" out for a second.  Did I really offend you that much by comparing prices to other carriers?  I already pay more for the service compared to other carriers because it is better...not the phone. I was simply making an observation and sharing my opinion.  I'm still going to pay the $199, but after being 5 months late, it would have been nice to see a little incentive other than 4.2.2. 

0 Likes
foolie

There is no incentive unless HTC wants to work something out to get their phone to sell more on our network. So it's up to them really to work it out with VZW.

there still is the trade up available from HTC i believe http://www.htctradeup.com/htcone/

0 Likes
taxandspend
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you know for a fact it will have 4.2.2?

0 Likes