Re: HTC ONE part 2
Eberso

New to the discussion, but can this get anymore aggravating?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Buy-a-red-hot-HTC-One-with-NextRadio-service-get-another-one-from-Spr...

Sprint users have at least this to laugh at us about! (2 phones vs. 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Red vs. blue doesn't make a big deal to me though.

On top of that after calling my local store and getting "i'm not even sure we're getting that" I am about to jump ship.  Aren't sales reps supposed to keep up with the company website (didn't have the heart to tell the guy about the signup page). Called a larger store and it sounded like we are getting close!

0 Likes
bholt6
Enthusiast - Level 3

It would be amazing if Verizon gave us the the BOGO offer.  Of course, we all know we'll be stuck with the $199 option.  Sounds like another small wireless company, C Spire, launched the One today.  That makes 8 carriers in the US that have the HTC One.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

bholt6 wrote:

It would be amazing if Verizon gave us the the BOGO offer.  Of course, we all know we'll be stuck with the $199 option.  Sounds like another small wireless company, C Spire, launched the One today.  That makes 8 carriers in the US that have the HTC One.

They will have their standard "BOGO" when it finally comes out.

Buy One, Get Overcharged!

0 Likes
anranex

This is utterly and mind-bogglingly stupid.

Literally no word from Verizon. Time and time again. PEOPLE WANT TO BUY THIS PHONE, THEY WANT TO GET A CONTRACT WITH THIS COMPANY, WHY WOULD THEY NOT GIVE THE CUSTOMER WHAT THEY WANT?

When I say to someone, "I want the HTC One," it means I WANT it. I cannot believe how dense Verizon is being about this! This thread is one of the most active on their entire forums. Filled with frustration and people who want to purchase this device with this company. And yet still, two and a half months down the road not a single peep regarding an official announcement or statement regarding the device. Heck, the sales reps and store employees don't even know the company they work for is going to be selling the phone. It is just plain and stupid.

I told myself, "I'll give it to the 15th, if it's not out by then I will be going with another provider." but I know I am going to wait. I live in a rural area, I can't get service on any other provider. I will say this: Come the 29th, I will be going with TMobile even if I don't have good service and 2g at best.

It's better than being left in the dark having to assume rumors over an official statement because the company is too dense to release any information whatsoever and leaving all of their potential buyers in the dark about what they're doing.

I'm so furious.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

anranex wrote:

This is utterly and mind-bogglingly stupid.

Literally no word from Verizon. Time and time again. PEOPLE WANT TO BUY THIS PHONE, THEY WANT TO GET A CONTRACT WITH THIS COMPANY, WHY WOULD THEY NOT GIVE THE CUSTOMER WHAT THEY WANT?

When I say to someone, "I want the HTC One," it means I WANT it. I cannot believe how dense Verizon is being about this! This thread is one of the most active on their entire forums. Filled with frustration and people who want to purchase this device with this company. And yet still, two and a half months down the road not a single peep regarding an official announcement or statement regarding the device. Heck, the sales reps and store employees don't even know the company they work for is going to be selling the phone. It is just plain and stupid.

I told myself, "I'll give it to the 15th, if it's not out by then I will be going with another provider." but I know I am going to wait. I live in a rural area, I can't get service on any other provider. I will say this: Come the 29th, I will be going with TMobile even if I don't have good service and 2g at best.

It's better than being left in the dark having to assume rumors over an official statement because the company is too dense to release any information whatsoever and leaving all of their potential buyers in the dark about what they're doing.

I'm so furious.

You answered your own question.  As long as their network is this much bigger than AT&T's, they will do what they want.  Myself, I can work with AT&T, because I decided long ago that I will always live where I have the following:

1.  Indoor plumbing

2.  Public water and sewer

3.  Natural Gas

4.  Electricity

5.  High speed cable/fiber internet

6.  Cell phone service from multiple carriers.

In other words, I chose civilization over the back woods.  But this is the nature of large mergers. 

Like I have stated, I will give VZW until Sept 9.  And not only that, if they should get it before that, I'm going to upgrade my wife's phone on the same day so that way in 2 years, if they pull this crap again, I will be able to walk away totally.

26 more days, baby!

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

After you move over to T-Mobile then you can really complain on their forums about theie real crappy network and slow 2g speed, all while holding you new aluminum brick.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Klue wrote:

After you move over to T-Mobile then you can really complain on their forums about theie real crappy network and slow 2g speed, all while holding you new aluminum brick.

Actually you don't have a clue of what you are saying. I switched to T-Mobile bought the HTC One in Glacier Silver,the phone works flawlessly and since I mainly stay in major cities and highways the speed has been outstanding, the calls don't drop and 4G LTE in my location is a bargain at $20 for truly unlimited data. The cost of the whole plan is $50 unlimited talk and text and with that unlimited data you can also use 500mb of teathering per month. Small amount yes, but I don't use that anyway.

Research your replies. Oh and T-Mobile gave me 15% off the total plan charges so my bill is around $58 way cheaper than Verizon and they are building out their service ahead of schedule.

Message was edited by: Elector

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

It all depends on where you are located. Tmo is great if you happened to live where they have invested in their network, but they still have very few lte markets compared to Verizon or even at&t. What will be nice is in a few years, when they all have lte coverage, everywhere. Then we will really have options. In AZ you simply don't. One carrier provides coverage everywhere from Phoenix to flagstaff. One.

0 Likes
Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

Paul Kailas, all jokes aside, Vzw will have the One by Sept 5th. 4 days before your upgrade date. That's the absolute last date thrown up in the air. Stop stressin homie

0 Likes
beau84
Enthusiast - Level 3

Absolute (and only) date that can be taken with any sort of authority is end of summer which is September 21st. Unless they release it on the weekend that would make it Friday September 20th as the last possible day for release before the device falls into the category of delayed.

0 Likes