Re: HTC ONE part 2
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you kind sir.. you saved me a lot of leg work.. hopefully it wont come to that but we'll see.

I will wait just a bit longer since they actually gave a a glimmer of hope with that signup page.

0 Likes
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

Elector wrote:

Amen..you said it.

Todays Twitter feed states verizon htc one can be preordered. So everyone can now relax.

Um... no.

0 Likes
Not applicable

you know I should have clicked the link in the feed. Thanks.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/devices/htc-one.html?ac01

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

demmo86rt wrote:

I would also end up paying an extra $20 or so per month on Family share while losing my unlimited, and that's with very little cushion based on current usage.  Working in construction, I don't have access to WiFi all day and, with unlimited data, I see no reason not to use it.  As long as I can maintain unlimited data, I will.

Well, this does show how different people use their devices, doesn't it?  My main use is as a phone, along with my wife, it is not uncommon to use 1500 or more minutes per month of voice.  We also use text quite a bit for business as well.  All in all, the family share plan has actually saved me money for the 2 of us.  Where it is not as good, is that where it used to cost me $10 a month to add a feature phone to share the minutes that we used to do, it is now $30 a month.  But, in the end I think it was $10 a month cheaper not having to bump up the monthly minutes to the max.  Mom is worth $30 a month. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

beau84 wrote:

Not everyone ends up saving $400 over 2 years. In my situation I have a $59.99 connect plan and $29.99 Data (so lets say $90/mo). If I were to switch to a 4gb share everything plan I would be paying $40+$70=$110/mo. That's $20 more per month. $20 x 24 months = $480. $480+$200= $680. So if I were to switch to your plan, I would spend $80 MORE over the course of 2 years AND lose unlimited! Where do I sign up?

you could select a 2 gig individual data plan (i think they still allow this for current customers), and your monthly bill would be exactly the same, so you "could" save $400 every 2 years, but you'd still have to give up the unlimited.

0 Likes
beau84
Enthusiast - Level 3

I could, but then I'd end up paying overage costs for when I go over the 2gb, which I seem to do every other month or so, and I use wifi at home; I'm not just exploiting my unlimited plan for fun. My friend recently upgraded her phone and lost her unlimited. They did an account analysis and said she rarely uses more than 1.5gb so she got a 2gb plan. She went over the 2gb in less than 3 weeks her first month. She isn't the first 'casual user' that I know to do this. All because she likes to stream radio shows at work but doesn't have wifi access. Now she has a new phone that she is afraid to use. She is livid.

I think if Verizon was both concerned with the customer and interested in moving people off of unlimited data they would create more attractive packages and prices. If they offered a 3gb plan for the same price I'm paying now I would probably swap off of unlimited because I've never been over 3gb. What's wrong with giving the so called casual 2gb user a cushion? It makes for incentive to swap off of unlimited. Unfortunately it's not about making a smooth transition, it's about increasing profits by raising prices and lowering service. In my opinion their approach to ending unlimited is what's making so many people cling to unlimited. It's not the desire to use 100gb a month, but the desire to not worry about having to pay overages for a couple hundred megabytes of data. So for now I will flex the only consumer muscle I have and give my money to the company that provides me with the best quality of service for cost: the phone manufacturer.

We are off topic, however. Long live the HTC One!

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

beau84 wrote:

I could, but then I'd end up paying overage costs for when I go over the 2gb, which I seem to do every other month or so, and I use wifi at home; I'm not just exploiting my unlimited plan for fun. My friend recently upgraded her phone and lost her unlimited. They did an account analysis and said she rarely uses more than 1.5gb so she got a 2gb plan. She went over the 2gb in less than 3 weeks her first month. She isn't the first 'casual user' that I know to do this. All because she likes to stream radio shows at work but doesn't have wifi access. Now she has a new phone that she is afraid to use. She is livid.

I think if Verizon was both concerned with the customer and interested in moving people off of unlimited data they would create more attractive packages and prices. If they offered a 3gb plan for the same price I'm paying now I would probably swap off of unlimited because I've never been over 3gb. What's wrong with giving the so called casual 2gb user a cushion? It makes for incentive to swap off of unlimited. Unfortunately it's not about making a smooth transition, it's about increasing profits by raising prices and lowering service. In my opinion their approach to ending unlimited is what's making so many people cling to unlimited. It's not the desire to use 100gb a month, but the desire to not worry about having to pay overages for a couple hundred megabytes of data. So for now I will flex the only consumer muscle I have and give my money to the company that provides me with the best quality of service for cost: the phone manufacturer.

We are off topic, however. Long live the HTC One!

I know this is off topic, but they got this idea from the banking industry.  Remember when the banks would process debit charges in order of declining amount.  They tried to drain their customers accounts as quickly as possible so they could charge $30 per over draft!

Now, why not do "roll over GB"?  If you purchase 2gb, but only use 1.5, then the next month you'd have 2.5 gb.

I think that would be the most fair.  You pay for 2gb, you should get every bit of each bit!

But they WANT you go to over so they can really gouge you.

beau84
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's a really good idea. Some months I use over 2gb, others I use less than 500mb. Most of the time I'm somewhere in between 1gb-2gb. Even a rollover 2gb plan would be more incentive than "save $400 now, but pay random overage charges later."

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Do they really think we're so gullible?

I finally got an email after signing up on that HTC One page.  Do they really think we're that stupid?

We don't want something else.  Quit trying to switch us!

Snag-0441.jpg

0 Likes
beau84
Enthusiast - Level 3

That one went to my spam folder. Good call, Gmail!

0 Likes