Re: HTC ONE part 2
AZSALUKI
Legend

freddyttt wrote:

Im also ready... hoping for Black-. unfortunately I have unlimited data so ill be paying cash-

i think you meant "fortunately" you have unlimited data.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

AZSALUKI wrote:

freddyttt wrote:

Im also ready... hoping for Black-. unfortunately I have unlimited data so ill be paying cash-

i think you meant "fortunately" you have unlimited data.

so I wonder how much money you're saving with this "unlimited" data thing.  So I have the family share plan with 4 gigs.  Now wifi is available so many places that I rarely actually have to use 4g/LTE.  Even though I often have to tether my laptop for network access, I have never gone over 3 gig in a month, and that is shared between my phone, tablet and my wife's phone.  Now I figure on a $600 phone, I save $400 by not having to buy it out right.  Are you using THAT much data where you're saving over $400 in a 2 year period with this unlimited plan?  Or is it just the principal of having unlimited data that you're willing to shell out the bucks on a device?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i share 4 gigs too, with my wife and oldest son, and it's plenty because i have wifi at home and my office. however, a lot of people (particularly in rural areas) rely on their cellular data for all of their online use (limited internet options). i would have kept my unlimited data if that were the case. if you take a $400 discount every two years it saves you $17/month. that's cheaper than most internet providers. if you only use your verizon data, you can skip the $20-70/month for home internet.

pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

AZSALUKI wrote:

i share 4 gigs too, with my wife and oldest son, and it's plenty because i have wifi at home and my office. however, a lot of people (particularly in rural areas) rely on their cellular data for all of their online use (limited internet options). i would have kept my unlimited data if that were the case. if you take a $400 discount every two years it saves you $17/month. that's cheaper than most internet providers. if you only use your verizon data, you can skip the $20-70/month for home internet.

I'm surprised that they just don't find a better way to end the unlimited.

0 Likes
mbfavreau
Enthusiast - Level 1

UgVibe - not sure anybody replied to you.  I'm in the exact same position (I'm off contract, wife has a while to go on hers, I'm the master account, I'm still unlimited data, she has 2GB and we pay about $170/month etc) and I called to check this out.  You can leave, drop her down to a basic plan (you decide how much based on her usage), jump to another carrier and wait for her to get off contract to do the same.  Hope that helps.

All - No empty threats here.  The Google Play edition of the HTC ONE just arrived and now I'm waiting for my Straight Talk SIM to cut my ties with VZW.  Phone will pay for itself in approx 7 months (based on what premium phones seem to go for ON contract) and once wife and I are off VZW, we will save approx $40-50/month.  Pretty compelling.

freddyttt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually I'm going to AOL one of my lines(unlimited and un-used)which will pay for most of the phone- that said I have crunched the numbers and have thought about getting rid of both(AOL)... I use 3-4 gigs a month the wife uses 1... I could be more frugal and use my wifi while home...  I use my phone while driving(music)and while at work(music)no wifi..... I guess in the long run I prefer to keep it and not worry if im going over-......

0 Likes
bholt6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not that this means a whole lot but I did have a Verizon rep tell me that this is the first time she's seen accessories come before the phone (no idea if that's true).  She said usually they arrive the same day...fingers crossed for the 15th haha. I wasn't gifted with patience.

beau84
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not everyone ends up saving $400 over 2 years. In my situation I have a $59.99 connect plan and $29.99 Data (so lets say $90/mo). If I were to switch to a 4gb share everything plan I would be paying $40+$70=$110/mo. That's $20 more per month. $20 x 24 months = $480. $480+$200= $680. So if I were to switch to your plan, I would spend $80 MORE over the course of 2 years AND lose unlimited! Where do I sign up?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I would also end up paying an extra $20 or so per month on Family share while losing my unlimited, and that's with very little cushion based on current usage.  Working in construction, I don't have access to WiFi all day and, with unlimited data, I see no reason not to use it.  As long as I can maintain unlimited data, I will.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Amen..you said it.

Todays Twitter feed states verizon htc one can be preordered. So everyone can now relax.

0 Likes