Re: HTC ONE part 2
emepror

It will most likely only be the 32 GB edition due to at&t have an exclusive with the 64gb and that there is no 16gb HTC one

0 Likes
Wxchaser

Thanks, good info. 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I should report you for this

mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

AZSALUKI wrote:

i'm not saying it IS htc holding it up, but it could be. they caused a delay on the original launch for every other manufacturer because they couldn't produce fast enough. this would merely be the same thing, just a different carrier's launch. suppose at&t said april 10. it was htc's fault that it was april 30 (just an example. i don't recall the actual dates....but there was a supply issue and pushed back launches). now suppose verizon finally got on board and planned august 20. it could easily be htc's fault that it ends up being september (again...just an example). they weren't ready the first go around. why should we think they's be any more ready this time? i love their phones, but they don't exactly have a great track record in the past couple of years.

AGAIN,

This is NOT HTC's fault.

0 Likes
Winchestur
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wxchaser wrote:

Does anyone even know what size storage capacity will be available on Verizon?  16GB, 32BG, or 64GB?  I have waited so long for Verizon to come out with the HTC One on their network - but I haven't been able to find anything about the storage capacity that will be available at release.  Does AT&T still have the exclusive on the 64GB HTC One still?

Thanks for any help or feedback.

Only 32 GB since AT&T has the exclusive deal on the 64 GB.  Knowing Verizon, they will probably get an exclusive 16GB version. and the 32GB will cost $100 extra...

Appleanche
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think unless I hear some kind of official word on a release date very soon I might just go ahead and switch to Sprint.

I love the coverage but at some point enough is a enough, the constant (content edited) around with the top tier Android phones in favor of their mediocre Droid lineup is just shameful.

Why is it so hard just to release a phone? Why do they have to do it months after other carriers?

While I get their business end of it, they're making more on the Droids, it's their brand, etc.. can't they promote that and sell people on it without ruining other phone launches?

I mean the average consumer is pretty much clueless, they've maybe heard of the Galaxy series, iPhones, and Droids.. Verizon will just coral them into the Droids anyway.

It's not just that either, while the coverage is no doubt the best in my area and likely the country, the losing the 20 month upgrade, upgrade credit, early upgrades, one year contracts, etc really start to make Sprint more appealing.

Comment edited for content as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
AggieT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Verizon! Don't you realize it's already late?

Snapdragon 800 phones are coming! LG G2 is released! Will you have that too later in this never ending summer?

Don't you realize your Droids have nothing to offer against such loaded phones?

Have you seen MOTO X on Youtube? OKI GOOGLE NOW!!! Emm Em it's not trained yet ... EHM OK GOOGLE NOW ... Hmm it's so crowded here Huuuy GOOGLE NOW ... when is summeR? Now it's thinking  ...... Summer never comes in Verizon ... let's try it again ... OK GOOGLE NOW ... Summer will  never come for Verizon! Yeeey  it works it works!

And your dead horse is not even made in USA!

0 Likes
Fortheloveoftech
Contributor - Level 1

Ha don't you just love this tweet?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23LGG2&src=hash">#LGG2</a> with a 5.2-inch HD display is coming soon to America’s largest <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%234G&src=hash">#4G</a> LTE network <a href="http://t.co/ceh9Fq1g0R">pic.twitter.com/ceh9Fq1g0R</a></p>&mdash; Verizon Wireless (@VZWnews) <a href="https://twitter.com/VZWnews/statuses/365135081054011392">August 7, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Full on press shot attached with "coming soon" while the HTC ONE gets a "yeah we're getting it later this summer"

I don't even want this phone anymore, the samsung galaxy note 3 looks waaay more appealing.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

mk7se wrote:

AZSALUKI wrote:

i'm not saying it IS htc holding it up, but it could be. they caused a delay on the original launch for every other manufacturer because they couldn't produce fast enough. this would merely be the same thing, just a different carrier's launch. suppose at&t said april 10. it was htc's fault that it was april 30 (just an example. i don't recall the actual dates....but there was a supply issue and pushed back launches). now suppose verizon finally got on board and planned august 20. it could easily be htc's fault that it ends up being september (again...just an example). they weren't ready the first go around. why should we think they's be any more ready this time? i love their phones, but they don't exactly have a great track record in the past couple of years.

AGAIN,

This is NOT HTC's fault.

If you have some reliable source, you've been holding out on us.  What *is* the reason for the delay.  Everything I've seen and written has been personal speculation up to now.

Give us the skinny!

0 Likes
taxandspend
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have some reliable source, you've been holding out on us.  What *is* the reason for the delay.  Everything I've seen and written has been personal speculation up to now.

Give us the skin

We probably won't ever know.  Verizon is often later with devices than the other carriers.  And the more stringent testing line we hear is BS in my opinion.  If that were true, then the Droids wouldn't be released so soon after being announced.  I think Verizon has become a behemoth that is slow to react.  The Verizon and AT&T reaction to T-Mobile Jump is pathetic.  Verizon should be leading the way, not following.

0 Likes