Re: HTC ONE part 2
kht

By choice, I've stuck with a 'dumb' flip phone for years with AT&T as provider.  As my last phone started dieing, I decided it was time for an upgrade.  After weeks of research, I decided on the HTC One.  After another week of research, I decided to switch carriers and go with Verizon.  Then I learned that verizon did not carry the One.  But have no fear, internet rumors promised that it would be announced next week!!  >Irrelevant comment deleted<  But don't worry, it's probably coming in July, no Aug 1st, no Aug 15, no Aug 29...maybe.  But hey, it will be blue, so isn't that worth the wait?

Well after reading about the last release date push back (what else do we have to go by but rumors, as Verizon has been completely mum on the matter?), I drove to BestBuy, purchased the One, and locked in 2 more years on AT&T's network.

>Comment deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

I'm the other guy who had the Bionic..for about 3 months.

When my 1st generation Incredible died, I brought it to the store.  There was no fixing it.

It was also the day the Bionic was released.  I got talked into it, and I've never hated a phone more than the Droid Bionic!

Horrible!

Always dropping data, restarting on its own, etc.  I sold it to gazelle.com for $150 a couple months ago, since it was just sitting in my drawer.

I moved to the Rezound and loved it!  It was starting to show its age, though.

Verizon starting playing their games with the ONE, and I had no problem breaking my contract.  AT&T has treated me very well, thank you!  ..and yes, the phone is amazing.feels amazing, etc.  I've gotten a couple of comments on what a cool phone it is.  I went on vacation to Phoenix, and people were asking, "Is there anything that phone can't do?"  Love it!

But, what they're doing now just reinforces my decision to leave them.  I hope they do something to make this release happen for you!  It is worth it.  I just wasn't going to wait for V's decision, or lack of...

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

PUSH!

It'll seem weird at first, not seeing the Verizon screen come up, but it's worth it.

It's a great phone, and I feel free from Verizon's hold!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Just a note, Cingular changed to AT&T (Cingular actually acquired AT&T, but used their name due to recognition).  And, incidentally, this is when I came to Verizon as well, because my service went to garbage, and Verizon's data plans (mobile web) were much better at the time.

0 Likes
Not applicable

And for more trivia "Southwestern Bell" bought out AT&T when AT&T went bankrupt.

Cellular One-Cingular-AT&T

0 Likes
B33
Legend
0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

This morning I performed my daily chat with a Verizon rep through the web site.  Today I got a different information.

Assuming that this rep gave me honest information, it appears the hold up is NOT Verizon's doing.  I was told that HTC has not yet released the phone to Verizon.

Why would HTC hold back on this?  Manufacturing issues?  A grudge for not jumping on the bandwagon earlier?

The plot thickens....

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Since Verizion is getting into the game so late with this phone, I believe it is manufacturing issues, but not of when, but how many.  HTC wants Verizion to buy X number and Verizion wants only to buy Y number. X and Y have to be aggreed to before the phone shows up.  HTC wants to sell as many phones as they can and Verizion doesn't want to get stuck with a bunch of (now pretty aged phones) it can't sell.

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

Of course a verizon rep would tell you that. Why would they say it's their fault?

However, that is untrue.

The hold up is all verizon.

It's not supply issues, it's not android updates, it's verizon being verizon for ways if I posted here, a mod. would just delete anyway.

They thought they could get by on the DNA for a year, well they can't. People want the One, and now, reluctantly they are eventually gonna give customers what they want...by the time the TWO comes out on all the other carriers.

pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

mk7se wrote:

Of course a verizon rep would tell you that. Why would they say it's their fault?

However, that is untrue.

The hold up is all verizon.

It's not supply issues, it's not android updates, it's verizon being verizon for ways if I posted here, a mod. would just delete anyway.

They thought they could get by on the DNA for a year, well they can't. People want the One, and now, reluctantly they are eventually gonna give customers what they want...by the time the TWO comes out on all the other carriers.

But this was the first time a rep said anything.

0 Likes