Re: HTC ONE part 2
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

HAHA, Yea, his articles have a repetitive feel and I get excited when I read the titles.. but then let down shortly after.

groovysunflowers wrote:

(I can only read the same Adam Mills blogs so many times a day)

0 Likes
Bmar96
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Paul Kailas,they actually did promise. You should have stayed with them man. Verizon is just being awful.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

Bmar96 wrote:

@Paul Kailas,they actually did promise. You should have stayed with them man. Verizon is just being awful.

They have only said "later this summer".  August 29 is still summer.  So is Sept 15.  I'll stay if it comes out significantly before my contract date.  But I will have an HTC One by Sept 9!

0 Likes
Bmar96
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Paul Kailas, Yes, that's true but the way I'm apprehending "later this summer" it would mean sometime soon, and they wrote that on the 3rd of June.

Instead of mentioning the release for late summer they wrote later this summer, it really grinds my gears.

0 Likes
How-Buds
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi all...I feel all the frustration and anger on the "facts" from Verizon reference the HTC One.  I Love this community because all the postings are, for the most part, true, so true.  Anyway, two days ago, the 4th of August, I purchased a NIB HTC One for T-Mobile (TMO) from a cat on CL.  I drove to TMO directly and signed up for service.  This phone rocks, my current driver is the S3.  Anywho...the service in town is awesome from TMO and really loving the HTC One.  Now to decide to pay early term fee for one line out of four and go with TMO.  Or, maybe buy another...say the S4 on ATT and try out their service too!  Thanks for listening, bottom line was I was tired of waiting for an "Old" handset to be released on Verizon and took this route for now!

Later...Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Dippy_Dawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

While I am very upset that it is taking this long for the phone to be released, what is most frustrating is the lack of information being given, aside from rumors and leaks. When I heard "later this summer," I had a sinking feeling they were not talking about the then rumored end of June release and that it would be a while. That being said,announcements and subsequent releases are being made within the official waiting period for the One and we have not heard a peep from Verizon. Given all the unofficial chatter about release dates, FCC, and colors, they should at least come out and give us an indication as to what is going on. I certainly understand, and to some point commend, efforts to make sure everything will work smoothly upon release, but that fact that it now seems to be coming on heels of other releases makes me start to suspect, as others do, that they really are not committed to this phone and they are just stringing us along so they can sell us something else.

0 Likes
AggieT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wait a moment! Jan 1st is still summer in Brazil!?

I don't see where they are going with the worst launch of the smartphones, but I'm sure they won't sell too many HTC 1s like this! And I wish they don't sell too many Droids as well! Iphone is much cooler than Droids and the new one will be out there soon. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

There's still no bait when Verizon has never said you can currently find it in a store.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

Bmar96 wrote:

@Paul Kailas, Yes, that's true but the way I'm apprehending "later this summer" it would mean sometime soon, and they wrote that on the 3rd of June.

Instead of mentioning the release for late summer they wrote later this summer, it really grinds my gears.

Unfortunately, anything you read into a possible date is your fault.  But, that is what Verizon marketing is banking on.  They give an ambiguous release date (The Bait) and lure you into staying.  I'm sure that the vast majority of those who would have purchased an HTC One have moved on to either an S4 or are going to opt for a MOTO device.  (The Switch). 

I know, there is a certain lurker here that likes to battle me on using the "Bait and Switch" model for my premise, but he's just short-sighted.  In legal terms, I think companies can get into trouble claiming to actually have a product, to lure people in and then switch them into another product when the people show up.  I'm not claiming that Verizon has done anything illegal.  But it is a bait and switch in any case, just a legal one.  We used to call this "Vaporware" in the software industry.  Does anyone remember the demise of OS/2?  Microsoft claimed be releasing Windows 95 way before they actually did.  They were successful in getting people to hold off purchasing OS/2 until they got a look at Win95, and look what happened to OS/2.  Nothing illegal, just a great play.  This is what Verizon is kind of doing, however they are going to eventually carry the HTC One or they will lose all credibility and perhaps cross the line legally.

0 Likes
taxandspend
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm gone.

I've had the HTC One from T-Mobile since Friday to demo it alongside my Droid Incredible 2 since I'm worried about the coverage.  Since T-Mobile allows two weeks to return it, I felt safe that I could make a good assessment by the time the VZW HTC One arrived on 8/15.  I have given up after the latest rumor last night.  Been a customer since it was NYNEX Mobile (that's the mid/late 1990's), but I'm going to the T-Mobile store to have them port my number.  There are definitely more dead spots around here with T-Mobile, but I've been tired of the lackluster collection of devices, the delays with this one in particular, and my gigantic phone bills that don't change once the device is no longer subsidized.  I'll be dealing with more dead spots, but it will be no different than VZW was a few years ago.

0 Likes