Re: HTC ONE part 2
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

rich_ny wrote:

I JUST called HTC and was told the ONE is 100% coming to Verizon.  The rep said no launch date has been announced, but it should be the begining of Sept,  the end of the Summer.  She said it will have the same specs, didn't know price, colors or if it wall have 4.2.2.  She said if the update is released to all the other carriers, it will be released on Verizon's one.  SHE TOLD ME MULTIPLE TIMES IT WILL 100% BE RELEASED ON VERIZON'S NETWORK, SHE WAS POSITIVE.  Its been a long time, but IT IS DEFINITELY COMING.

Still a bait and switch.  They know not to tell us in September, or a lot of people would have left already. But I stick to my 41 days and counting.  If I don't have the One by Sept 8, on Sept 9, AT&T gets my business.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I'm thinking you don't fully understand the phrase "bait and switch". 

0 Likes
Mangle84
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well for me, my contract has been up since march.i will be switching to att this friday with a brand new 64gb htc one. Cause verizon is full of b.s.!!!!!

0 Likes
groovysunflowers
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wrote this in an xda-developers forum so I'll just copy and paste here what I wrote, about my experience at the verizon store in my area today.

Well I went by the AT&T store to play with the phone. Only confirmed  even more how much I want it lol. So I drove to my nearest Verizon  retailer and got some pretty disheartening news from an employee! Lemme  play out how our conversation went:

I asked the guy if he gets a lot of questions about the HTC One; he said  no, and before I could ask he told me they weren't getting it there.  This is the store in West Monroe, LA, I don't know the store number  though. I said, "oh so not this store? Maybe in Monroe?" And he said  that he meant they're not getting it at all. Verizon passed up the  opportunity for the phone because "It's an ok phone. The only  good thing about the phone is the front facing speakers." I told him  that feature was one of the main selling points for me, and reminded him  that it is one of the top rated smartphones of this year! He said if  the speakers intrigue me I should just buy an external speaker to hook  up to my phone. And then he told me that the last time he checked his  product line up 4-5 weeks ago the phone wasn't listed. I said, "what  about a chance of a Droid variant? Like what happened with the Butterfly  turning into the DNA? Is that a possibility?" And he said no to that  too. He told me if they do decide to get the phone it would be a last  minute thing they'd spring onto the employees and that a major reason  why they're not getting it is compatibility issues. I said I understood  the differences between radio bands but the phone already passed through  FCC.

I told him if they get it Thursday I'm marching up there and rubbing it  in his face and letting him know he needs better training lol. He said  "please do." So either he's lying, he's misinformed, he's lying because  he's misinformed, or he's obviously biased against the phone. Either  Verizon keeps their employees in the dark to cover up leaks and rumors,  or the employees are not getting the proper amount of training time for  these phones, or someone is lying/misinformed. I told him about the  Verizon facebook page and twitter and how they confirm the phone is  coming but he said he doesn't know about it coming Thursday.

0 Likes
verizonistheworstcomp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, my logic still stands just fine there; yours, not so much. We were talking specifically about waiting for the HTC One, seeing it as we're in a thread that's focused on the HTC One. I never said anything about someone just waiting to upgrade their phone in general. Not sure why anyone would wait for the One to come out on VZW back in March when HTC directly said that they weren't going to carry it. It wasn't an open-ended response alluding to it possibly releasing, it was a flat-out denial. Clearly things have changed, but that's just blind hope at that point. You would only have yourself to blame for any prolonged wait/disappoint.

Telling people that they shouldn't be allowed to voice their opinion for whatever reason is just plain dumb; that's my main beef with his statement. You can try and defend it all you want, but it's going to get you absolutely nowhere. Not sure why you're defending him/her in the first place. S/he made a broad and ignorant statement, and I called him/her out for it. It was a valiant attempt trying to defend him/her, but better luck next time.

0 Likes
verizonistheworstcomp
Enthusiast - Level 2

groovysunflowers wrote:

I told him if they get it Thursday I'm marching up there and rubbing it  in his face and letting him know he needs better training lol. He said  "please do." So either he's lying, he's misinformed, he's lying because  he's misinformed, or he's obviously biased against the phone. Either  Verizon keeps their employees in the dark to cover up leaks and rumors,  or the employees are not getting the proper amount of training time for  these phones, or someone is lying/misinformed. I told him about the  Verizon facebook page and twitter and how they confirm the phone is  coming but he said he doesn't know about it coming Thursday.

Verizon keeps their employees in the dark to cover up leaks. Some stores don't even get information on a new phone until 2-3 days/a week in advance. I'm going to say that the guy was just misinformed or lying because he was misinformed.

It's coming, we just don't know when at this point.

0 Likes
rich_ny

I called HTC the phone is coming sometime in Sept. The rep was very sure of herself. It will not be here in August.

0 Likes
Fortheloveoftech
Contributor - Level 1

"I never said anything about someone just waiting to upgrade their phone in general." <-- my point exactly, YOU did not but DANISHS did.

I'll agree with the rest you have to say. I do want to say this though, you may think that Danishs is "telling people not to voice his opinion" while I took it differently as "hey guys, stop whining about a phone you can't even get until your contract is up..etc."

My point is you and I took his statement different considering we have different perspectives.

"Not sure why you're defending him/her in the first place." - if someone is getting called out for something I don't believe they should've been called out on then I'll step in to defend...granted he might have meant it your way

"S/he made a broad and ignorant statement" - this is your opinion , again, I took the statement differently.

"It was a valiant attempt trying to defend him/her, but better luck next time." - thanks, but I won't need it Smiley Happy

I agree with , we don't know when and its ridiculous because I'm pretty sure all testing has been met at this point. All I can think of is stupid politics, where Sammy and Moto pay off Verizon a lot more than HTC to get their products out.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

And the peer to peer help forum has left the room.

0 Likes
Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon IsTheWorstCompany wrote:

Danishs wrote:

Verizon IsTheWorstCompany wrote:

Danishs wrote:

People who haven't even reached their upgrade date yet really shouldn't be complaining, there are people on this that have been waiting since March.

VZW didn't even say they were going to even carry the HTC One until early June ... so, no, they haven't been waiting since March. What gives you the "right" to be irritated with the One not being available over someone else because you have supposedly been waiting longer? Great logic there. Please grow up.

Vzw didn't say they were getting the HTC till June but guess what? All of the other carriers said they would get it in March. Either that or it was revealed they would carry it in March. Since then (in March) V customers have been waiting. I never said i have the right (are quotations really necessary?) to be more ****** than others. I'm just saying it's not that bad when you still have 40 days left to upgrade. The HTC plus 10 other great phones could be out by that time. It ***** for people waiting since March or even before March when rumors of the M7 reached their climax. I also never said  I was one of those people.. my upgrade was in June so I don't have it too bad either. Maybe your next reply shouldn't be full of assumptions. By the way, you mad?

You said it for me: all of the other carriers. HTC came out and directly said that it wouldn't be coming out on VZW in March (obviously things have changed since then). So if people were waiting since March for the One to come to VZW when the company directly stated it wouldn't, then that's just stupid (I'm assuming you fall under that category).

Yes, quotations were necessary. I'm not going to bother to explain why if you can't figure it out since it should be pretty obvious.

You made an asinine statement, and your attempt to defend that statement has failed. Nice try, but maybe your next comment shouldn't be as broad and ignorant as your first.

Anyway, the adults are talking here, kid. You can join the conversation again once you've undergone puberty. Until then, please sit quietly in the corner.

Hmmmm. Maybe you "should" have been waiting since March, because then you would know that even though the company denied it was coming to Verizon, "many" news outlets were saying it will in fact come to Verizon. THAT is why people have been waiting since March. (http://allthingsd.com/20130313/exclusive-htc-one-headed-to-verizon-too/)

I never told people not to voice their opinions.

There are people on here still waiting a month for their upgrade and still complaining about availability. Maybe you're full of insecurities or have a depressing outlook on life, which is why you read my comment with hostility but i was simply stating a fact.... You, sir, deserve a reward in making assumptions.

On the other hand, people shouldn't be speaking ignorantly of something they don't know enough about. By the way, 4.2.2 isn't out yet in the US.

0 Likes