Re: HTC ONE part 2
groovysunflowers
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd still get it if it meant I could put a case on it lol, it's not enough to sway me from the phone; I just thought that was silly of Verizon to choose that color exclusively

0 Likes
Bob2314
Enthusiast - Level 3

SHHHHHH - The HTC One is still a secret that Verizon fails to release.  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It looks like the only phone officially released today was the S4 in "Brown Autumn".

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/04/samsung-galaxy-s4.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
groovysunflowers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you not read my other replies? I already spilled the beans about that on the previous page.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And I was replying to that particular post with the official link.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Nice Color

0 Likes
ohredwood
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still nothing, I can't believe it. I have followed the htc one while it was still codenamed m7 at the beginning of this year. I have heard and held on to all the reasons and excuses of why it's not here yet and just another month, or a few more weeks and we should have it. I honestly don't think they will actually have it in the stores to sell before mid september at this point, and really, at that point, that just kind of stupid. Your talking 6 month old technology at that point, so unless they are going to sell it for 99bucks, which they won't, why bother carrying it.

Shame, they could of sold a lot of handsets and htc could of made a boat load off all the big carriers carrying this phone. I still have my OG Inc, and have tried to nurse this thing out waiting for VZ to get the phone, but I'm tired of chasing shadows of reports, and maybe's. I have done some research and the biggest thing I don't want to compromise is my service, and I do know that vz has service. However, I know folks that have att and they can't complain, and I even checked my company's corporate discount with att. As it turns out, I get a 24% discount with them, as opposed to the 19 I get with vz. In the end, it comes pretty close to each other from the figures, I've done on paper.

I'm going down to an att store today or tomorrow and do some looking and talking, I highly doubt, once I walk in the store, that I will walk out empty handed. Darn you vz for being silly with this whole lack of communicationon  one of this years best handsets offered.....

pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

ohredwood wrote:

Still nothing, I can't believe it. I have followed the htc one while it was still codenamed m7 at the beginning of this year. I have heard and held on to all the reasons and excuses of why it's not here yet and just another month, or a few more weeks and we should have it. I honestly don't think they will actually have it in the stores to sell before mid september at this point, and really, at that point, that just kind of stupid. Your talking 6 month old technology at that point, so unless they are going to sell it for 99bucks, which they won't, why bother carrying it.

Shame, they could of sold a lot of handsets and htc could of made a boat load off all the big carriers carrying this phone. I still have my OG Inc, and have tried to nurse this thing out waiting for VZ to get the phone, but I'm tired of chasing shadows of reports, and maybe's. I have done some research and the biggest thing I don't want to compromise is my service, and I do know that vz has service. However, I know folks that have att and they can't complain, and I even checked my company's corporate discount with att. As it turns out, I get a 24% discount with them, as opposed to the 19 I get with vz. In the end, it comes pretty close to each other from the figures, I've done on paper.

I'm going down to an att store today or tomorrow and do some looking and talking, I highly doubt, once I walk in the store, that I will walk out empty handed. Darn you vz for being silly with this whole lack of communicationon  one of this years best handsets offered.....

Think about it.. How many people have they conned into staying for these last few months by promising that by the end of summer they'd have the One?  Had they said, "no, we're not getting the One", there my have been a mass exodus.  It's a win-win for them by lying.  Each month they get $200 from me, so lets say I would have left in May, they got $400 from me.  Now multiply that by 20 million give or take.  It's a HUGE sum.  So they bet that by the time the end of summer comes, we'd probably tire of waiting and settle for either the S4 or a Moto device.  Even if they lose us, they got a few extra months of our hard-earned money.

This is a classic bait and switch.  They promised me that they'd update my Xoom to jelly bean.  That has turned out to be another lie.  After 15 years with them, they have 44 more days to either release the One, or lose my business.

All this "coverage" crap is BS anyway.  Sure, VZW has more 4G LTE coverage.  Who cares?  As long as I can make a phone call when I need to, that's all that is really important.  As for download speeds, I can be more patient about that than I can about getting the device I want.  Can't even buy a One at Google for VZW.  Why would I waste money on buying an "unlocked" device if it only works with Verizon.  What's "unlocked" about that?

44 days and counting!

Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

People who haven't even reached their upgrade date yet really shouldn't be complaining, there are people on this that have been waiting since March.

0 Likes
HTC ONE part 2
QuietStormzx9
Contributor - Level 1

If i bought HTC ONE google edition from Google, could I put my sim card in it and use on Verizon's network?

0 Likes