Re: HTC ONE part 2
scarshapedstar
Contributor - Level 1

From the rumor mill, it looks like the Droid Ultra and Droid Ultra Maxx should be coming out at the same time as the One, I'll make my decision then.

Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

scarshapedstar wrote:

From the rumor mill, it looks like the Droid Ultra and Droid Ultra Maxx should be coming out at the same time as the One, I'll make my decision then.

In that case, you should wait till September for the One Max and Note 3.

mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

Keep in mind the 8/1 release date is not official. Just a supposed "leaked memo" of a "road map" for a release date.

Still no comment from V.

How-Buds
Enthusiast - Level 1

<< Comments removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

The way all the rumors and speculation sounds, I am not sure that the HTC One will be release before the middle of September.  Looks like VZW wants to give the MOTO devices that are coming out next month a better chance at market share than it does for the HTC One.

So, 48 days and counting until I take all my business to AT&T.  I'll buy out my wife's contract, as my expires on Sept 8.

Verizon, that adds up to a little over $200 a month that won't be flowing into your coffers.  I'm sure I won't be alone.

No HTC One = no business from me.

0 Likes
QuietStormzx9
Contributor - Level 1

Im waiting for the HTC One as well, I check the website everyday to see if pre-sale news is posted. I fill the same as most of you do about whats the big secret about the release. I cant really be that upset because I have the HTC DNA and its only offered to Verizon so when we didnt get the One I figured it wasnt coming at all. If its not released by mid August I'm probably not gonna get at all, It's too much like the DNA for me to make a big deal about it. I'm sure Verizon and HTC will release the updates for the DNA after ONE is one the market for a months.(you know how they do)  My other issue is by the time they release it, its consider an old phone at that point. (to me anyway Lol.) This is the first time that I'm due for an upgrade and there is not a phone on market that i want. Situations like this and waiting on updates to release make me think about jumping over to the iphone...

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

Wow, what a let down.  VZW unveils the new MOTO line at an event that lasted about 6 minutes.  No mention of the HTC One!

47 days and counting!

0 Likes
Merlin13
Enthusiast - Level 2

My last post.  Done with Verizon.  Two of my three lines are off contract.  If this was my first issue with them then maybe I could stomach this, but this waiting for info on the HTC one has me completely utterly fed up.  I was getting excited about the potential August 1st release but now that the Moto's won't even be shipping until August 20th the unannounced HTC one will clearly be even later, months and months and months after the other carriers, and I'll bet they don't get anything other than the basic 32GB black and silver models too.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

Merlin13 wrote:

My last post.  Done with Verizon.  Two of my three lines are off contract.  If this was my first issue with them then maybe I could stomach this, but this waiting for info on the HTC one has me completely utterly fed up.  I was getting excited about the potential August 1st release but now that the Moto's won't even be shipping until August 20th the unannounced HTC one will clearly be even later, months and months and months after the other carriers, and I'll bet they don't get anything other than the basic 32GB black and silver models too.

I had a BB from AT&T from a previous employer.  Never had a problem, other than the occasional dead spot, either.  Customer service was much easier to deal with than Verizon.  Now that AT&T has basically been catching up on coverage, I'm not sure there is much value to VZW's network, if I cannot get the device I want.  Like I have said time and time again.  If the HTC One arrives before Sept 8, I'll stay.  If not I'm outta here.  No biggie, they all kinda suck anyway.

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

Done too.

I'm going to ATT today.

Nine lines moving over.

Sick of this stuff from them.

Comments edited for content as per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes