Re: HTC ONE part 2
Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

summit21 wrote:

Danishs wrote:

You guys can count on a late June release date with the exact date being announced a couple of days before its available.

Your right Danishs...

Lol weren't we all hoping and completely unaware around that time? Nice to see you care about me enough to dig up old posts though (; Still waiting for your response towards the htc quality control issues i cited.

0 Likes
summit21
Contributor - Level 1

Michael Toland wrote:

Danishs wrote:

summit21 wrote:

Danishs wrote:

summit21 wrote:

Danishs wrote:

You guys really think V will have the One in November or December. Exxagerating, no? I've never seen ANY carrier get a phone 7 months after the competition. And who said the One is coming out on July 15th? One article speculated it'll be here BEFORE than because of proof, that doesn't mean its coming out on the 15th.

Now if evleaks or llabtoofer are to be trusted then the phone MIGHT be out before July because that's what they said. And I don't know if anyone's keeping track but llabtoofer has been on point, the whole way through. 

Many of you are putting the blame to Verizon, but think of the situation. The One was delayed, had supply issues, and hardware quality issues. Imagine if the largest carrier in the country had gotten the phone at the same time as the others.. it would've been a disaster. Just recently HTC claimed to have resolved the supply issues.

I do really think that V will announce its release date a day or two before the actual release, as it has done with most other high profile delayed releases.

There were no hardware quality issues, only supply issues. The only hardware related issue thus far with the One is the Nokia HDR microphone lawsuit, not a performance issue with the phone itself. Judge also ruled that HTC could exhaust current supplies of this microphone before it had to put a replacement in it. Not releasing the HTC One is Verizon's fault IMO. The fact that they refused to get on board to sell one of the 2 or 3 best phones of 2013, is a disservice to it's customers, even if it would have been 4-6 weeks later (at which supply issues were no longer a concern). A delay of a month or so would not have stopped HTC from putting it out there to another 100 million wireless customers as a choice. No Verizon does not care what a few people on message board think, but given the sales of the One, they may have lost more than a few customers.

MANY people had defective batteries and build issues (gaps, loose, crooked lines) from the first htc one sales. Those are the hardware issues. And no, the microphone sensor did not put a damper on supply.

Vzw likely was going to pick up the Butterfly S as a DNA 2 but when it saw the One sales it backtracked. Seems like a legit business decision.

So where is your source or links for those issues you mentioned Danishs? I have googled it a number of ways and have yet to find a single article that states there were build/quality or battery issues for the intial delay of the One. The only issues were supply, plain and simple. I have no problem with you trying to back Verizon on this, but don't use ** excuses. The One was announced on Feb. 22nd with near unanimous acclaim as one of the top phones of 2013 within days of this announcement. Verizon dropped the ball here...how do you not make this an option for your customers even if it is 4-6 weeks later than the other carriers? They had a chance to jump on board and failed to. Is it the end of the world, No! They will move on, and bring the DNA2, T-6, and the One as well, just a little later to the show. The DNA2/Butterfly does show promise to make up for this with a 3200MaH battery, very impressive if it gets to Big Red.

My sources are all of the posts about the HTC One by customers after initial launch. Feel free to check yourself. Phonearena.com phonedog.com pocketnow.com

2 youtube videos come to mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwOu5oXpjVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBR72Pt-zVE

Feel free to read the youtube comments of the customers experiencing the same initial sale problems.

It was announced Feb and released at the end of April. Keep that in mind buddy. As far as i'm concerned 2 months after the other carriers isn't the worst. I'm patient.

OK I checked phonearena user reviews, 2 out of 65 (3%) rated build quality less than 9, definitely an issue there, your right.

That was my response a while back Danishs...

0 Likes
random64
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
MexicanoBloanco
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope this is an actual document... that way if VZW comes in and deletes your post then maybe that will give us some much needed confirmation!

0 Likes
HTC ONE part 2
mesii23
Enthusiast - Level 3
Sadly this comes out on the same day where several articles come out saying that the HTC One will be getting a refresh before the end of the year.  Congrats Verizon you officially waited to releases device until it wasn't relevant any longer
0 Likes
summit21
Contributor - Level 1

I wouldn't say the device is no longer relevant, only been out for 2.5 months now...while late to Verizon it was only just released in mid to late April. It's funny how Apple/Samsung can release a flagship once a year and remain "relevant". The HTC One will continue to stack up quite well specs wise through the end of the year, IMO vs. other releases slated for late summer/fall. I really don't see the Moto XFon, Ultra, Maxx (or whatever they call the next flagship) advancing significantly beyond what is already available, S4, One, etc. You can bank on their battery being superior and maybe an SD card slot, but that is it. I have personally never seen a Moto screen that was pleasing to look at, maybe it will change.

Klue
Master - Level 1

I've followed this thread for some time and I find it ironic that the only feature that someone complements about this phone is its aluminum case.  Is this what all the hubbub is all about, an aluminum case which you cant have unless you switch providers.  You are all so upset that you can't have it NOW, I need it NOW.  Isn't there anything else about this phone that is so great or unique that you have to have it right NOW? I doubt it, as most of the features the One offers are equaled or bettered by other manufactures. The only unique thing about it, is the aluminum case, which will probable be covered up by a plastic case protector of some kind.

Keep it up I enjoy the reading.

0 Likes
HTC ONE part 2
mesii23
Enthusiast - Level 3
I will agree with your Motorola stance, lackluster screens and bland devices   As for Apple and Samsung, they are not doing a mid year refresh. When you refresh the hardware on a device that hasn't been out that long, you make the previous version feel less impressive to the informed consumer.  Verizon is going to be behind the times, don't know why that still surprises me, they have been late to pretty much every major phone release of the last few years.
0 Likes
B33
Legend

The Info on his Post is also on Droid Life as Well the only odd thing i see in this!  Is the Launch for the Moto X it's on a Friday instead of Thursday)..

0 Likes
MexicanoBloanco
Enthusiast - Level 2

I noticed that as well. It's all over my news section on google. I just see a tendency of VZW removing senstive information from threads is all

0 Likes